1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vehicle Number Portability

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Cuty Red, Aug 30, 2012.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I don't think so in Maharashtra, this is thing has implemented yet.

As I was about to retain my old car's number before scraping my car, but RTO person told me that we don't have such thing available here.
    I had to submit a form to RTO for scrapping my car. :(
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ajit, We are in India. Even if it is in the rule book, I don't think it will ever be possible in any state in India.

Forget about this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ajit, For the cancellation of NOC I called one of the RTO in chennai and I got the answer "You need to come and give a application and pay a nominal fee" I asked anything else is required? The answer was NO. This process have stolen 3 days from me air fare for two trips, and two days of my BIL and finally money. Nonsense fellows.

You can give your previous No and if they give it(means it is possible) it is good. Instead of you spent your time give that job to them. You will definitely get a answer Yes or NO.
  4. Ramesh , infact i was going through the other car forum and in that I have seen many cars like Audi , New verna etc with the very old 3 alphabets which will never be possible without this option . Let me dig up that pics and post the link here ..

Ajit
  5. Sun , since you asked via phone the answer will be NO , which will be legally a correct answer . But there are many RTO agents who can do this with just giving some money .

Recently one of my coworker's friend lost his original RC book and the car was in kerala though it was registered in TN . So as per rule the car has to be taken to chennai RTO office to get the duplicate RC book . But my friend contacted one RTO agent and got the work done .But he ended up spending 13000 Rs .

Most of the RTO office are famous for these kind of activities ..

Ajit
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I would have directly gone to commissioner's office and asked whether as a tax payer do I have to pay money to a person who is also getting salary from tax payers money.
    But in between my work and my BIL's work is getting affected and so need to do a crime of giving money to settle the things.

Does the registration No. of your punto still exist in RTO. Do you have to do anything from your side to cancel the registration.?
  7. Unfortunately in most of the govt offices they are interested in looting people from other states . There are some good offices too .

Yes my number will be still with RTO because nothing has been decided yet officially from insurance company .

To cancel the registration I have to fill up some form and can ask for refund of the road tax too .

Ajit