1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vehicle Mounted OBD II Head Up Display (HUD) for cars

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by ashishmalviya27@gmail.com, May 28, 2014.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    looks truly awesome.. and definitely looks compatible..
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Some of the basic functions should work without any issues.

Check out some Youtube videos before you buy and also note that these things sell for less that half the price listed in your link on chinese e-stores.
    1 person likes this.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    major issue being that, its not as clear as shown in the pic.. double images and all.. and the film is flimsy too..
  4. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    I have an ultragauge installed on my punto . it again reads from the OBD2 port. However it is not thrown to the screen, but through a small LCD display ( shows around 64 gauges)
  5. Pls post the pics of ur ultragauge .. from where u purchased it ? and what was the price?
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
  7. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    Got it from US for 79 USD. will post the pics today/ tomorrow.

there are various varieties of these stuff in market. I think the market leader in this is scangauge2 ( retails for USD 169)
    Amazon.com: ScanGauge II Ultra Compact 3-in-1 Automotive Computer with Customizable Real-Time Fuel Economy Digital Gauges: Automotive

if you are keen on bluetooth one, Just buy an ELM adapter that connects to OBD2. this can send it to Android phone ( one of the apps thats good is torque which I think retails for 5 USD). heard good reviews but not first hand experience..
  8. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

I recently ordered on off these OBD HUD. Used it for 5mins and sent it back to the seller.
    Reason being, it was not compatible with my 2012 Punto Mjd. It showed everything it should show but as soon as I connected it, engine mobilizer light came up and car's own RPM gauge, speedometer and temp gauge stopped working, followed by car refusing to start the very next time. Hence it became totally useless for me. Also it is a very bad imitation of original HUD displays. No matter what I did, projected figures were blurred and out of focus. Also the quality of that ebay HUD was very bad. Good thing, seller was nice and agreed to refund.