1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vecto Motor - Bangalore Sales issues - Now Resolved

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by fiat_newbie, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiat_newbie

fiat_newbie Timido

Chennai
    Hi,

After a great amount of convincing (both my parents and myself), we decided to buy Grande Punto MJD - pebble white -- My first car.

During my PDI, this Wednesday, the car odo reading showed H160Km - was taken back here. The reason the dealers mentioned was that, the car was driven from some yard to the showroom. But all the the other cars in showroom had the ODO readings in the range 50-60KM. With a hard mind I let it pass.

Now, when I visited the showroom after one day, the odo reading showed H180KM and they have changed the OVRMs to black color (pebble white car).

When enquired the sales person had no idea, why the mirror was changed and where the car was driven to. And from nowhere an accessory in-charge came and he told, the OVRM was removed to validate some color coding. The extra ODO reading was for dealer PDI, it seems.

I am just completely lost now. Is this odo reading of H180KM acceptable ? And also, on seeing my cars OVRM being replaced by another one, can this be some donor car ? The VIN read DJZ, so it's a Apr'14 car.

- fiat_newbie
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    No it should not be a donor car. But you should make them aware that you will not tolerate further tampering and reject delivery if anything is out of place at time of delivery. Be cautious anyhow. From their perspective, even if you leave this car a new customer will buy it, without giving too much though to H ODO readings. Take a call.
  3. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Welcome to TFI and Wishes from us for your decision on getting a Punto.

I do not think their yard will 180KM away from the showroom unless they say that it is driven from one of their yards in a nearby city. Please talk to the showroom manager and see if he is providing a genuine answer for both the distance covered and why the OVRM pad was removed. If you are satisfied and they are genuine, my take would be you can do a thorough PDI and get the car.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Newbie, welcome to TFI.

H180 is quite a running for a yet to be delivered car.
    My suggestion will be to instead of going deep in to what happened and what not, just reject this car if you havent paid the entire amount/vehicle hadnt yet gone for registration. Wait for few more days. Pick another.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This car must have been used for some other purpose, thanks to Fiat for providing 'H' thing to make sure these things get caught.

Though if only these 2 items are in question, it should be safe to take it, but not before making sure they understand they did mistake and should compensate you in some way.
    Have you made full payment?

Try talking to some seniors in Vecto and tell you will escalate to Fiat in case they don't provide proper reasoning.

I also copied your first post to Vecto dealership thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealershi...rerana-motors-bangalore-25.html#post841911246
    1 person likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Escalate the issue but before vent out with a strong voice on the dealership owner/manager or higher authority. This is just carelessness that they do not know who is driving the car and changing what not.

Looks like the mirror got damaged and hence to cover it up they could have fixed some thing else. 180ODO is very suspicious. If not convinced, please reject.
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I agree with pAbhishek. In any case H180 is too much reading. I don't think, to validate the color coding they need to remove part from car which is getting ready for delivery. Considering this as your first car, it is safe bet to Wait for few more days and Pick another. If you are Ok with colors available with them better opt for that.

All the best and keep posted on progress!
  8. fiat_newbie

fiat_newbie Timido

Chennai
    Sadly, the full payment has been made. But I asked them to not to register the vehicle, unless the issue is sorted out.

As per the recommendation in this thread, I went ahead and asked for the proper reason for the ODO reading. Still they maintain the stand that it is as part of PDI. With money in their hand, no one is ready to give a proper response.

For color coding check, I even asked why didn't they take the OVRM from one of their test drive car/display car ? They didn't reply. Planning to meet the manager tomorrow and discuss on this.

This is turning out to be a really very bad buying experience.
  9. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    180KM for a PDI by dealer is ABSOLUTELY NOT AGREEABLE! It shows that they are not willing to give you the facts, if you have a email correspondence with them drop an email too telling them not to register this vehicle. Talk to their senior hierarchy, you should also probably start talking to Fiat if Vecto guys are continually trying to hide facts.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Along with this, escalate to Fiat India, and ask them how a vehicle can be run 180 kms in name of PDI.
    If the vehicle is not yet registered, insist on other Punto.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.