1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Variation in power

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bhai, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teky

teky Esperto

OT - does the compressor actually cut-off?

Why this kolaveri on Fiat
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is quite normal in Punto 90hp.which happens after revving couple of kilometers.

Unlike fgt punto and linea which maintains the torque /power with given throttle, punto90hp is bit different.

Actually such a feature is intentionally written in ecu by the manufacturer to increase Fuel efficiency.

All you need is to shift gear down and come to required speed.

You might have noticed this thing would not happen post 2200 rpms ie. in turbo band.

Not to worry Enjoy your Ride.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today I cleaned Air cleaner throughly with the help of Vaccum cleaner. I got noticable differance in engine sound & low end grunt. But not same like the first day of purchase.
    Tommorow I will use the car on open highway & update .
    I not only cleaned the nose of car but also did some differant task as follows.

1) Cleaned the air filter.
    2) Thrashed the engine Without air cleaner to give jerk (Zatka) to MAF sensor. Then reset ECM
    3) Refitted all components.

IMO everbody should clean air filter at every 3 K
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

bhai sure your car will give problems if you expriment running your car running without airfilter

teky AC compressor does cut off and cut in as required
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

cleaning airfilter regularly is very good.

but thrashing engine without air filter does not give zatka to MAF sensor, just imagine a wind blows suddenly and all the dust and big particles go inside suddenly, they will give your pistons a big zatka, death to mjd and death to your punto.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Well & at the end of the day it will be a massive ZATAKA to Bhai!
    Bhai, cleaning airfilter is surely good thing but running without airfilter gonna ruin your engine. Dust, sand entering your car's combustion chamber may result in sand-blasting process. Now you think about it & think about what will happen to Piston-Cylinder??
    Then you will again start facing some extra-ordinary problems with end of day result ''Power loss!''.

You should think deeply that your car going to treat you as same as you will treat her. Thought it'll be a 75hp, 90hp or a BMW/Ferrari! Isen't it???
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Oh my. The research by Amol Sir is turning out to be very interesting indeed.

Amol Sir, please continue your research. Your research will bear fruit i'm very much sure.

All the very very best.
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

:lol:car guruji, thread is hotspot now! Lets wear 3D glasses & wait for bhai sahab's input. I want to see that video which will make a 90hp speak. :-D
  9. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Claening air filter is good indeed. But 'some differant task' is definetely gonna kill you engine. If you experiment like this i think you will have to change the C.R.K.I IN your signature back to C.R.D.I (Common Rail DUST Injection).

Please dont expiriment with your engine.Please consult with someone in the service centre and ask them to fix it(If there is any issue).

10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Why dont u try cleaning the throttle body?? Should help to an extent :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.