1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Variation in power

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by bhai, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    First of all I want to clear that I am not starting my locked topic " Loss of power".
    From last 1000 kms I am experiancing strange problem. Between 1600 to 1900 RPM.
    There is feeling of boost leakage deacceleration. This type of feeling is like automatic deacceleration even I hold throttle at fixed position while driving in 4th or 5th gear.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is "Boost Leakage Deacceleration"? Never heard this term before.

First I read the title "Variation in power". I thought you were talking about "Variable" Geometry turbocharger behaviour across the engine rpm range.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    At fixed RPM torque varies even I don't make change in throttle position. Feeling of inflation and deflation is there. eg. You are cruising in 5th gear @2000 RPM. You are getting stable torque. Suddenly car starts to give variable torque. Just like clutch slippege. This situation repeats at random intervals
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Bhai,

You maybe experiencing a variation in throttle on its own and not of your making. Is that what you mean.? I understand you have a problem, but if you invent new terms such as Boost Leakage Deacceleration", and inflation and deflation,. you could be confusing the engineer 100% at the service centre . The engineer is sure to make more repairs than amends, to satisfy your confused diagnosis and your constant woes would continue.

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It might be AC compressor cutting in or off.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    bad fuel, turn by turn drop by drop - good fuel and kerosene going in combustion chamber :)

Just kidding.
  7. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Bhai,

This is your second punto rit? earlier you had a FGT with had some issues due to bad fuel.its strange that the 90HP also started showing problems. Please ask some one else to drive it and ask them if they feel anything unusual.

R,
    Vishnu
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    & Vishnu, This is differant problem. Don't prejudice.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

@ Vijay This is happening even Ac is off.
    @ Vishnu even my shauffer also noticed this
    @ jumu
    You hit the nail.
    There is feeling of deacceleration even I hold throttle at stable position
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bhai, please take your car to the service center and have some Fiat engineer test it and post the observations here.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    As always with Amol Sir's threads, i'm gonna munch some popcorn and see how this thread progresses and see the debates!

30_popcorns.jpg

Amol Sir, please explain the cause of the alleged issue you are facing.

Thanks.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.