1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vanakkam TFI

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pavoor, Feb 12, 2013.

1. pavoor

pavoor Timido

Chennai
    Thanks for your wishes raj29 , venky1957 , ajuvignesh , bluepunter and gurji .

I sent mail but no reply from any dealer. Not sure if they are not taking orders for new puntos as new dealerships are coming. I plan to visit Bangalore this friday will update if any progress. Plan to get 90HP before mid march. Hope I will get it.
  2. pavoor

pavoor Timido

Chennai
    I visited Bangalore last week end and managed to book Punto 90HP on KHT motors. As this is part of Car lease on the company waiting for the Approvals and follow ups for them. Will update once get the VIN .
    Promised delivery date in 10 days.
    Went to KHT motors around 1. All sales persons are busy with customers , finally attended by a sale person after 20 - 30 minutes. Thanks to the McDonald next to KHT which save from my family who waited for few minutes and ready to bite me. I sent them to McDe .
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  4. pavoor

pavoor Timido

Chennai
    Thanks Ravi. I will update complete details after the delivery.

I need your suggestion / comments .

I plan to drive the car from Bangalore to chennai after delivery. Let me know what are the things i need to take care ?
    Speed/RPM
    Documents[Guess it will take some time to get the RC]

Thanks
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    You should get the car temp registered at Blr. You should get insurance certificate for that.
    When you enter TN, you may need to pay TN entry tax since it is inter-state purchase. I am not sure when will you pay that. It may be paid during the final registration at your Chennai RTO. Please check this with the sales agent in KHT.
    1 person likes this.
  6. pavoor

pavoor Timido

Chennai
    Sorry Limraj. I might mislead you with my post.

I am registering car in Bangalore only. I will take delivery after registration is over.
    I have to come back to chennai after that so i plan to drive to chennai.
    I hope it will take few days / week to get the Registration Certificate from the Bangalore RTO.
    Since it is a new car anything i need to take care like should not cross above xK rpm / xxxKph.
    What are the document will help me in the absence of RC for a new car.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Raghu, Your car will be handed over to you with the Registration no. allotted to the car from RTO (Blore), However the RC-smart card will reach you only after 45 days by post, its fine to travel with the registration no. you will need to carry the tax paid receipts and Insurance with you always in the car. if you plan to use the car in Chennai on long run then get the Road tax paid for the car there..
    1 person likes this.
  8. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Pavoor, if you are planning to register the car in Bangalore then you would need the following for TN travel until you receive the smart card:

1) Original RTO Tax paid receipt (You will receive it on the date of delivery of your car)
    2) Copy of sales receipt (If possible carry original, but a xerox copy will do)
    3) Insurance copy
    4) If you are travelling out of state without number plate have it written on a paper and stick it to your front & back windshield

I did a long travel when my odo was 50 Kms, and following are my experiences/practices:
    a) Corrected the cold tyre pressure, the setting from the dealer was way high then the company recommended one
    b) Filled Diesel at a reputed bunk to avoid adulteration
    c) Took care not to stress the engine, maintained the rev from 1500 to 2500 RPM with ocassional 3000
    d) Drove at varying speeds, i.e., do not maintain a steady speed
    e) Gave a break at least once in 2 hours
    f) 1 minute idle before stopping the engine

The above recommendations were taken earlier from fellow TFIans, thanks to them. You can search in the forum for more detailed pointers.

Wish you a wonderful association with your Punto.
    1 person likes this.