1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vague Gear Behaviour !!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by naveen, Jan 27, 2012.

1. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Yes the same gear issue is back again, worst part is I am unable to simulate it to these idiots as it happens only once every 200kms or so. I am facing this issue only after the clutch kit is changed so I guess it could be a defective lit.

I have already lost confidence in the vehicle and even stopped using it for my highway drives. Also I even thought of selling off the car but only replacement option I could think of is another punto (I already have a Linea mjd).
  2. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hi Naveen , I think they only changed the pressure plates . I also facing the same problem and the dealer told me that whole clutch assembly needs to be replaced instead of only pressure plates otherwise the problem will rise again . Btw u said u got it changed in warranty . What is the warranty duration for clutch ??
  3. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    I have got mine changed at 25000 kms under warranty but not sure of the duration though. Also in the invoice its mentioned as Clutch kit does it mean only pressure plates or the entire clutch assembly?
  4. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    well I think the cost in ur invoice is 4k but the dealer quoted me around 7k , so may be possible he excluded clutch bearings from the replacement you had .
  5. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    I will get it confirmed. Thanks for the information.
  6. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    @Naveen,
    Same issue with my car . What about you car ? is it ok now ? SC person ask for replacement of Gear Cable.
    Please update.

HIREN
  7. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    @naveen

tass people have not done their job properly,they must have replaced the entire assembly which includes clutch plate, preassure plate, and release bearing.:evil:
  8. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    After I reported this issue, clutch kit was replaced again under warranty. However issue is still there and I have got used to it and Clocked around 25k since then. Just waiting for the vehicle to break down, atleast then these idiots will understand the root cause !

- - - Merged Post - - -

It was the complete kit which they have replaced twice under warranty.
  9. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    tass service is pathetic bro,even i experienced it several times.
  10. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Hi guys, I am facing the same problem and dealer is asking me to change the entire clutch plate @ 8k + labor charge of 2.5k. They said it was not covered under extended warranty. Last time i went to another service station and they bleed the clutch and informed me to change it. After this the clutch was smooth and gear shift was also normal but after few days it started getting harder. I dont understand what is happening; i asked dealer to check the car thoroughly if anything can be done without replace the entire clutch assembly; but they said that doesn't require as the entire clutch needs to be replaced.

Can you please tell me which are the areas that needs to be checked ? i can then force the dealer to check or ask any other service station to do the same job.

These people are trying to make me fool as i dont have any idea about these technical areas and have to believe what they said.