1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vague Gear Behaviour !!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by naveen, Jan 27, 2012.

1. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Thanks Srini for the advise. Today I spoke to the Customer Service Manager from Fiat and he suggested me to take the vehicle to Concorde tomorrow. Will tell those guys to bleed it.

OT : Does any one know from Hyderabad what the expertise is in Concorde ? Better than Tejaswi or Same or Worst ?
  2. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Yesterday I have become very restless and again went to Tejaswi, luckily found customer service manager from Fiat, Mr Prasanna. He took a test drive of my car but found it normal and I was unable to simulate what i have experienced as the issue is consistent :eek:

Finally he made the technician to check the linkages, gear cable and adjust them. Since then gear shift became very very smooth.

Will have to wait and see if it remains the same !!
  3. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    It has been three months since I have reported
    1) vague gear behaviour
    2) Dashboard noise
    3) rattling from windows

Till date none of them were fixed and in these 3 months, sent regular emails to all the top management executives in Fiat but there was no permanent fix. Finally got frustrated, lost patience and did the following

P1000903.jpg

Sent this pic to all the top executives in Fiat and now I see people running. Some one from Fiat plant would be visiting Hyderabad on this wednesday to fix these issues. Hoping for the best !
    2 people like this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Hi Naveen, I have similar problems. Which service center is addressing this?
  5. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Tejaswi Motors, Madhapur, Hyderabad.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Nice way to wake up sleeping people @ Fiat.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Navin

I am also thinking to adopt the way like you.

After all I am not a fool to go for again GP 90 HP even taking the extreme bad performance from former 75 BHP.
  8. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @ Naveen,please update us on this one...curious to know!!!!
  9. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat has sent its engineer to fix the following issues, I was given a loaner car while the car is in workshop.

1) vague gear behaviour - Changed the gear selector and Linkages
    2) Dashboard noise - Fixed the cable which is connected to Ac Mode (Face, Face and Foot, Windows) selector, also some grill behind the ac blower is changed.
    3) rattling from windows - Lubricated

Car was awesome for about 1000 kms and now every thing is back to normal (abnormal). In fact dashboard noise is aggravated and is worse now. I am really disappointed, frustrated and feel helpless. May be I will try visiting a different service centre this weekend.
  10. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    minor rattling/interior noise is ok but you mean to say the same gear problem is also back again!!