1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

using fifth tyre

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by r2d2, Aug 2, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    As long as the beads are not damaged, there is no concern.
    Perhaps it is due to something to do with the tyre tread pattern.
    Nothing except you avoid frequent removal of tyres [from the spare steel rim]. And, you have to remember which tyre was put on what side.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Always use the fifth tyre only for backup. Never use it in the vehicle. If you are going to use it during tyre rotation, the 5th tyre well get deteriorated. When you use, depending on your usage, one tyre will always be different from the (constant rotation) other 4. Use the four tyres and when you are replacing the shoes' get 4 new set. This will also help you if you are changing brands are changing sizes. The 5th could always be maintained as spare to be used only in emergency. Another option would be to sell the 5th (new) tyre during replacement and get another set of 5 new tyres. This could be a bit costlier than keeping the original as spare.
  3. hemantchourey

hemantchourey Timido

bhopal
    i have purchase linea emotion MJD in 2012 july
    I have alll the tyres with alloy wheels
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My spare tyre is a stock one with disc. Didn't bother to change it and never used it after I upgraded my tyre size to 195 65R15, but I make sure I check the tyre pressure so that I have it during an emergency, at-least to drive till the nearest tyre shop.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    With disc? :confused: Do you mean with steel rim?

BTW, you should always change the spare as well, when you change tyres, even if it is unused. Rubber hardens with age and develops microscopic cracks. An old unused spare, is most likely to give up, when you need it the most.

Rajan

- - - Merged Post - - -

With disc? :confused: Do you mean with steel rim?

BTW, you should always change the spare as well, when you change tyres, even if it is unused. Rubber hardens with age and develops microscopic cracks. An old unused spare, is most likely to give up, when you need it the most.

Rajan
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Rajan : Very true, completely agree, need to replace it :)