1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

using fifth tyre

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by r2d2, Aug 2, 2012.

1. r2d2

r2d2

Does the 2012 Linea MJD Dynamic come with 5 alloy wheels ? or are there 4 alloys and 1 steel rim ?

Is there a way to use the fifth tyre? Is it ok if I change one tyre with the fifth (the spare tyre, will have it removed from the steel rim and put on the alloy rim) in rotation. This way over a few ten thousand kms all the tyres will have almost equal wear.

My Linea has run 15,000 kms, is it ok to start rotating the 5th tyre now ?
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    2012 Linea MJD comes with 4 alloys and spare steel rim. Frequent removal of tyres from the rim is not advisable as it might damage the beads resulting in leakage of pressurised air. However, if the spare tyre is to be removed from the rim, get it removed from mechanical tyre remover and not manually using levers. The suggested tyre rotation for FIAT cars is, from the front right to the rear right and from the front left to the rear left and not X pattern. I am using my Linea's spare tyre solely for the purpose of spare only and it will not take part in tyre rotation. While going for a new set of tyres, I shall buy 4 tyres only.
    4 people like this.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Dynamic have 4 alloy wheels and Emotion have 5 Alloys
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    when ever you buy a car always use the fifth tyre with in 6 months for rotation, when you leave for unused for long time if becomes very hard and loses its goodness which when after one or 2 years when you change it makes your ride bad also to suspensions.
  5. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have PUNTO EMOTION 1.3MJD and remember my 5th tyre is not an alloy wheel. Is it the same with all PUNTO EMOTION PK - 2012 models?
  6. with punto, they give 4 alloys and one steel. i believe it must be the same for linea too. or does linea emotion has got 5 alloys? i dont think so.
  7. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I own a Linea Emotion Pk 2010 model, I have 4 alloys and steel rim.
  8. Yes it is the same, 4 alloys + 1 steel rim. But I heard the SA saying for Linea Emotion 2012, they provide with 5 alloys.
  9. r2d2

r2d2

Thank you for the information on the alloys.

I am assuming that the life of the tyres is about 50,000 kms. If a tyre is removed twice from its rim (using a mechanical tyre remover) twice during its lifetime do you think it still is a cause for concern ?

The SA told me that the suggested tyre rotation is front to back while maintaining the sides. Is there any special reason for this?

What are the drawbacks if the 5th tyre is put into regular use?

Thank you all for the replies
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  10. From what I heard, 5th wheel is alloy in TJet+. In other variants 5th wheel is steel.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012