1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Used Petrol -- Fiesta 1.6 or Punto 1.4 (kiirus planned)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by reggaerahul, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Just one thing.. please don't Compromise on Airbags (Security) for some peppiness. Go For Punto Emo. or try to find Fiesta with Airbags.
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1.6 would be my bet. ( This is ofcourse leaving out safety and ride comfort out of the equation) The Fiesta is lighter, turns tighter, shifts faster, Declutches shorter and still has a Good steering feel owing to hydraulic one and feel planted.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    The Fiesta 1.6 would be my choice, it's a much more fun car to drive. I have driven a 1.6s and though its a sedan, it feels quite compact to drive. And I plus one to what GP-freak mentions above.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Neither. Get a pre-owned T-Jet
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @GP_Freak and @5u3zEr0 I guess both your posts suggesting Fiesta 1.6 S in comparision to Punto 1.4. I do not think the Fiesta 1.6 S would better T-JET. T-JET as package will be ahead of Fiesta 1.6.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Obviously the Thunderjet is far better than the 1.6S anyday. It betters the Fiesta in every count easily.

We preferred the 1.6S over the Punto not the Tjet.
    ramjn likes this.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I will also suggest for pre-owned T Jet, will be best of all :)
  8. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Am Quoting what I said again. It hold true even with T-Jet as it lacks in those areas too. Between Fiesta 1.6 and Punto, its a no brainer. 1.6 wins hands down. The areas where T-Jet wins is better equipment levels, Braking,ride comfort, Slightly sharp steering in highway and the Turbo:D. When comparing to 1.6s, the Old Jet was softly sprung. You can notice that once you start pushing the Jet in to High-speed tight corners where the road is bumpy. You will not only feel the heaviness of the Linea( MJD too,Not Jet only), but the waftiness too( sorry guys, couldn't exactly pen down that)
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If you didn't find any pre owned T-Jet. Don't worry find the last years T-jet at your near by Fiat dealer.
    You can able to crack a good deal ;)
    reggaerahul likes this.
  10. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    @nibedk - Can't agree more on preferring the hatches over the sedans. Its my personal preference. If there is a Tjet Punto, I'd buy one new. I had almost finalized this TJet, came home, took my wife along for another testride, the deal was good (and strangely my wife liked it more and was OK adjusting to a sedan) I almost lost the sleep that night thinking whether to go for it or not and here are some points I thought about -
    1. Too big for me at the moment, would love it if I have another alto or small car.
    2. Others would disagree may be and call me a fool, but the TJet+ that I saw had 16" wheels, while they are awesome to look at and better at handling, I found the ride to be too stiff for lower speeds, ofcourse this wasn't the deal breaker but I'd have preferred a 15" higher profiled.
    3. Punto has a big car like feel in a hatch, Linea is already one, so it goes into a different segment, the length is same or more than a Corolla and I take my SDX wherever I want (Laxmi road, Pune ? anyone? ) and wanted the same freedom with my new car. Probably I just chickened out and wasn't ready to handle the big beast :(

@prabhjot - :) . I seriously should think about keeping the Palio. Its a no problem car. Just that it has crossed 75K/(40K 3years with me) now. Thought its a good time to look for something new. Could be just the 'gear' lust..
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2014 ---
    So, coming back to the main point..

Had a really good deal on the Fiesta, the seller came down. It was tempting. But then I revisited my thoughts behind the plan to buy a new 'used' car and found that ABS && Airbags is something I cannot compromise on. The safety isn't gradually upgraded, like I get ABS now and my next car after 2 years will have Airbags. I'd get both in my current upgrade. Why upgrade otherwise ? I might get a good Dynamic Punto or another mid variant Polo/Figo stretching my budget which doesn't have airbags/abs. I always compared the prices of topend variants and it was bit out of my budget..

But, if this Fiesta had airbags too then I'd have definitely gone for it. As others have said, it felt like a hatch to handle and maneuver and the 1.6 was a big plus.

The particular 1.4 that I saw wan't very promising. Probably I should look more. The price he was quoting was converging price of an MJD emo pack (may be a bit more run).. So, 'none of the above' it is..

Now that I am driving the Palio a lot more, I feel like I am not really done with the 1.3 MJD engine. So, shouldn't get the 1.3 EmoPack out of the list yet..
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014