1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Used Linea T Jet in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by arian, Nov 7, 2013.

1. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The price is fine, get the car on a Test drive and visit the FASS to check the job history if any case of accident reported, service done all at time. check for the dents on the body. Y is he selling the Jet.?
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Anup,

Needless to say but do conduct thorough checks on the car. I have some experience with buying used Fiats and Linea too. Feel free to contact me via PM.
    If you need further help deciding.

Sent from my MMA50 using Tapatalk 2
  4. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks for your replies

I have a MJD thats done 1,12,000 kms. Planning to replace it with the Tjet. The only concern is the fact that the price feels a bit lower compared to other Tjets I saw on sale online.

Regards
  5. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Price indeed seems quite low. I would be very careful - it might have been in an accident.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Linear, the price looks just right for a petrol car. Major accident leading to chassis damage seems like a remote possibility. Having said that there might as well be other things in the car that might have been shot or messed up, which he should be wary off. Very careful inspection will be needed for sure. Later he might need to shell out some more to fix some parts to smoothen out the Car further.

Might as well he can squeeze the price a bit more. Since you are from Thane you know that Mumbai market is Maruti, Hyundai, Honda or Skoda driven. Fords and Fiats or Chevrolets are there, but not many have appetite to buy those used, therefore the low price. Lets face it, we fiatians are a 'minority' here. Many people dont even know what a Tjet is. They just ignore Fiat because they are still ignorant about cars like Punto and Linea. But that is changing now in a progressive manner and hopefully will get better with time.
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    asimpleson - not for argument sake, but there is a reason behind my comment. I bought a Linea petrol 1.4 FIRE last year. The car was 3 years old and I got it for 4.25 Lacs. That was the best deal I could get, and believe me, I looked very hard for about 4-5 months before going in.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Linear you are kind and polite, we all are and should be, but even for argument's sake I take no offense even if you completely disagree with me. It is a forum and we may or may not agree, but sometimes all our opinions can be true and valid at the same time as scenarios for drawing opinions do differ.

I have a friend who is about to close deal tommorow or day after at max for a Linea mjd emotion 2011, 12,000 kms odo. The exteriors are rust free with usual scratches due to kids in society and car is accident free. He is about to get lucky and will get it between approx 5-5.5 as the negotiations are on. You see certain things in a bargain during purchase are subjective and there are deals there and once in a while you get lucky.

Accident car is a possibility, but if a car doesnt have major structural damages I wouldn't care too much. There are some cheap cars there which are not well cared for which will not fetch much. Lets not forget that people do distress sale and sometimes dealers too get a very good bargain which benefits they pass on to customers sooner or later if some car does not make sale. Things are getting better for people like us if we want to go for used Fiats. :dance
  9. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

The car is sold. It had a fair share of niggles and repairs done on it.
  10. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    hi arkin
    where u aware of the car's history?

Anup