1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Used FIAT price check thread.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arkin, Nov 11, 2013.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Here in Pune, I got mine near around 9.25 after considering discounts. Bought in Dec 13 and took delivery in 1st week of Jan. In hyd too it would be similar.
  2. may be i can get good discounts due to release of all new fiat linea at similar pricing, what do you say pabhishek? wait for some time or close deal.
  3. OnWheels

OnWheels Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,

I came across a used fiat punto with below specifications. I would be the 3rd owner of this car.

Model: Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack (Petrol)
    Colour: Hip Hop Black
    Manufactured: August 2009
    Bought: October 2009
    Mileage: 36000 kms
    Insurance due to expire in October 2014

Partial Service history available with the owner.

Current owner is quoting 2.9 lakhs and is willing to negotiate till 2.75 lakhs

Can anyone let me know if this is a good deal. What all things to check in the vehicel? I am still learning driving but took a expert colleague who found the engine to be in right condition. The car is very well maintained and the interiors are in top condition except some dashboard controls losing colour due to usage.
  4. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Where is the location of the car ? Is the car registered in Bangalore ?
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  5. OnWheels

OnWheels Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks for the reply GP_Freak.
    Yes this car is registered in Bangalore and available in Bangalore. The owner is relocating and hence selling the car. As I said I will be the 3rd owner. The current owner got the car around a year ago.
  6. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Planning on selling my GP and was wondering what I could quote, details as below

2012 Sep BNW GP Active run 61k with complete service records and extended warranty, first owner no accidents with below upgrades

OEM alloys set of 4
    projector fog lamps

Any suggestions on what I could quote?
  7. Coolkris

Coolkris Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello Guys,

I came across a used fiat punto in Bangalore with below specifications

Model: Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion 2012 June registered in Bangalore
    Colour: Tuscan wine
    Mileage: 25000 kms
    Insurance due to expire in June 2016
    Add ons - Reverse parking sensor
    No.of owners : 1st owner
    Condition of the car : Good

Current owner has quoted 5.2 lakhs

Can anyone please help me as to what is the right buying price for a car of this type.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Before you decide to buy it, check out the service history at the FASS. Find out if there are any claims made by the 1st owner. Enquire with the owner if he is comfortable with getting the car inspected in your presence at FASS. Once you have done all the preliminary checks, then negotiate with the owner if you are really interested. The price can be bought down by another 25K if paid outright.

All the best.
    You haven't mentioned why the owner is selling the car? Have you taken a TD?
  9. Coolkris

Coolkris Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your reply @ghodlur.
    The car is on company lease. He would like to upgrade to new car since the lease will be over soon. I have taken TD & the car is in good condition.
    However, I haven't checked on the service history. I'll make sure to check these points as suggested by you. Thanks:)

On the pricing, I checked on few sites (T-bhp, car trade, etc) for used car valuation & they are showing the estimates anywhere between Rs.3.6L to 4.65L. I am confused as to what is right, since the price gap (between one site to another site vs asking price) is too huge.

I am really interested in buying but with right price & condition.

Thanks again.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    If the car is on company lease, please be extra careful on the Hypothecation removal, ownership transfer and Insurance transfer parts. I have heard its a bit more rigorous than the normal.
    There will always be differing price for car valuation, stick to one and negotiate. Drop a hint to the owner that you are verifying the pricing on various websites so that he is also prepared in advance. If you go and start negotiating on the face, there will be a big resistance from the owner and the deal might fall off. When you mention the sites to the owner he also will be curious to know about the correct pricing and recheck them (if he has not done it already). This will be easy during the negotiation part. Bargain hard and I am sure you should get a wonderful deal.

One last advice - Do not show you are too interested, this make the owner believe that you will buy the car at any price. Always have a cool off period between the talks.