1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Used FIAT price check thread.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arkin, Nov 11, 2013.

1. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    @Bharat Sri -

Please avoid this car, you have to take so much pain to transfer the car which is not worth. Why won't you think of new Linea 1.3 mjd active. We have more than 1 lakh discount going on, i am saying it because you were ready to spend close to 7 lacs on used car.

Pros of new car
    >> high ground clearance must for AP roads
    >> 5 year warranty(including extended warranty)
    >> Low Interest rates
  2. Hi DCpunto, iwould like to know the otr price of linea's in hyd please help me to get one...

- - - Merged Post - - -

and additional details about the car :
    it is upgraded to 185mm GC
    had sony bluetooth player

3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I was under the impression that it was an AP registered car! :eek:
    No good buying it if it's Bihar registered, you'll have to pay a certain amount as road tax in AP and get it re-registered. Your savings, if any, will be very little.
    Visit your nearest Fiat showroom and get a quote for a new car.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    year of mfg.:2011
    date of sale:aug,2013 - this car has been parked for approx 2 years?
    Kms run:2100- why is the person selling so soon ? Is this a test car used by showroom ?
    regn: Br registered(Bihar) - you will have to go thru hassles of RTO formalities and also pay up taxes for AP state.
    asking price :6.5L(after a long negotiations) - going by the kms run, price is apt, but you will need to take into account if the car is coming with extended warrant of 2 years and as FIAT has promoted 3 years of warranty post March'13 check if that is applicable and both these warranties are transferable to you? You need to get this assurance in writing only.

assuming d car is in excellent condition - assumption can lead to failures and there can be inherent risks - 1stly you have not given a reason for 2011 to 2013 status of this car !! Help us to know about it and forum members can provide inputs.

please suggest me some more like d issues i haveto face regarding registration btw it had a vip no9999 nd i want o retain it - BR regn number can be retained as is, provided you pay up the taxes in AP state, but against outside state cars gets checked frequently than same state cars... So if you are ok with the same you can keep the regn as is. However if you resell in AP then your trouble will start as the person might want an AP regn.. Will you then run around RTO ?
    My suggestion is to get the taxes paid and change regn ASAP so that you have clear documentation of the car in local RTO.

Otherwise the price of the car is good for the kms it has covered , however as its 2 years old, you need to get all oil / fluids changed immediately as part of the deal !! Check for tell tale signs of tyres, cracks etc... Check for signs of rusting etc get a good mechanic to assess the underbody condition and as well engine or mechanicals.

Best of luck !!
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Cubbie, my guess is that this is a 2011 model car that remained unsold in the dealer's stockyard. Post 2012 upgrade, these unsold cars were pushed with huge discounts to promote their sales. My friend bought a 2011 Punto in 2013 from Prerana Motors, Bangalore. All the fluids and faulty beading were replaced by the dealer. The car carries all the standard warranties and free service schedules that a new car would, ie., as applicable to a 2011 sale.
    Having said that, a new Linea Active/Classic would be a much safer bet than this deal.
  6. thanks for ur opinions,the seller is nishant80 you can view his ad in tfi classifieds, he said he bought the car for a 9.4 L and now wanted to upgrade to vw jetta so he was selling it.
    about the price i initially bargained him for 7.5L thinking it is a 2013 car and then i further negotiated it to 6.5 if i happen to buy that car suggest me any acceptble price. and help me make a decision between this deal and a new linea active petrol. my budget is low so i'm more towards used cars.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Punto Active Diesel Jun 2012 - 30000 Kms - OEM Alloy Wheels - Leather seats/cover - Yokohoma C-Drive = what will be the expected price?
  8. hi Bharat Sri again, my search for fiat did not ended and i came across the following deal:

FIAT LINEA TJET EMOTION
    JAN'2014
    900KM ran
    AP registered
    he quoted me 8.15 L
    LOOKING FOR HELP TO FINALIZE THE DEAL ( help me deciding price for it)
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I guess you saw it on TeamBhp; :) Just check if he has opted for extended warranty or not. Take a closer look for any accident, if any in those 900kms. You can enquire FASS for the same. Price seems good. Try to Make it a round figure of 8 if possible.
    1 person likes this.
  10. thanks pabhishek, some one provide me otr of linea tjet (pre 2014) and discounts in hyderabad.i am from visakhapatnam and we have no dealers around here.