1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

used fiat linea purchase

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by royalsaran, Feb 24, 2014.

1. royalsaran

royalsaran

chennai
    Hi GP, definitely i need your help. How much did you paid for your Linea MJD? for free service 6k is ok. If its not a free service, how much you would have paid? bcoz wat i am looking is almost 4 years old. Its a 2010 linea MJD emotion PK. Quoted price is 4.25 L
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    4.25 is good if its ineed a diesel. You get more car in Linea in all terms than a second hand swift. Take that in to account ;-) How many kms run and what colour and is it a single owned vehicle? ( hope it is not the silver MJD near by Maduravoyal )

Some of the checks you need to do are to Check for accidents,underbody damages and proper pick up and adequate AC cooling. I ended up coughing up more than couple of lakhs more than you because the vehicle was in warranty and it Insurance was just renewed less 1.5 years old. I knew i paid more, but it was a known decision because i didnt get good examples of Diesel Linea when i was searching in Chennai. It was a compromise what i made.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @royalsaran: So where do you stand in the deal? Closed or still open
  4. royalsaran

royalsaran

chennai
    Hi GP, many thanks for the reply. you are absolutely right, i was driving a wagon r & sold it last month. I was searching for a used swift, but soon or later I realized the fact, I can buy a Linea if i put little extra to the swift. Thats how i ended in this deal.

No its not in maduravoyal, its clocked 37K in ODO. its a FOX TROT AZURE (light blue)

Thanks for reminding me on the checks... :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

We have planned to close the deal by next week. Definetly will post pics once i purchased it.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Buddy you are buying a sedan and a used one... there could be some 10k service charges once you buy it... but generally linea is cheap... I bought a used one and after driving it for 3 months got the regular service done. Bill was 9k. Now no worries for one year...linea is not cheapest but not the most expensive in the segment... it is same as maintaining a maruti in terms of price.

Just check all the electricals for anything weird in used cars as they are expensive

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you really want a lenghtier check list....

1. Stand 5 feet to the front and left side of the bonnet facing the car and look for reflection in the body panels. If you find a clear reflection, then it means, either there is no patch work carried, or it had been carried very very good.( ie. No wavy reflections must be noticed.)
    2. Repeat the same for the other side
    3. Check for repair works on the inside of the door. For Major repair, they need to re-weld the seams inside the door. Check all doors
    4. Remove the boot mat and check for repair sign for rear end collisions
    5. Check oil level in dip stick and condition of oil
    6. Start the car and let it idle. Check for excessive blow from the oil dip stick hole. ( if the oil is new, then you will find it no matter what. But if you find it in old oil, then you double check with Service center guys)
    7. Ensure that the car has no visible greasy muck near the fuel tank. (visible signs on tank leakage. I have had pretty bad experience with a couple of lineas with fuel leaks including mine and the one I paid an advance of 2 lakhs and had it returned because it was leaking at an alarming rate after tanking up full. That deal was for 4.5 lakhs for a 2010 Emotion with new tyres.)
    8. Check underbody damages.
    9. Take a test-drive. Punch the throttle in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] from low RPM just for brief. Two small kicks in acceleration. One around 2k and another around 3k.( Another point is, ensure that you test-drive a couple of lineas and then decide. One Tuscane Wine 2010 emotion Pk Linea had no turbo opening when I took the test-drive first. I thought it was normal because every fiatians were cribbing for poor accelerations in 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] gear and I was driving a Diesel Elantra as my drive before Linea. But only then I understood there was something wrong in that car. :)

These points are not to put you off. But to ensure that you buy the car after knowing the conditions of it with a well-made decision.
    2 people like this.
  7. royalsaran

royalsaran

chennai
    Hi friends.. after a long gap.. i could manage to take a mechanic to inspect the car. As per mechanic everything is ok, except the front left suspension, there is strange noise popping out while it handling the bumps. He recommends to change the suspension with a quotation of 20k & 3 tyres are worn out - need to replace them with a new one.

Finally the deal is in 3.5 Lakh as of now.. i am bit confused now again. My only concern is with the suspension & its alignment problems.

I said him that i will reply within couple of days.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I highly doubt if there would be a need to change the whole suspension. The noise could most probably due to worn out Suspension pads which hardly costs Rs. 1500. Even if there is a need to change the struts, it would definitely won't cost you Rs. 20,000. That is too high. :D

And man, 3.5 is a killer deal.
    1 person likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Royalsaran, close the deal soon if the car is good cosmetically (rust free) and without electrical alterations. The engine transmission is the most important area. Get it checked from a FASS, ask them for a quote if necessary.

At Rs. 20-22k you can get a GC kit upgrade (a new suspension with 4 shock-abs. and 2 coil springs) with strut pads and probably a stabilising bar too. Don't worry about this so much. As ramjn suggests it might be just the strut-pad issue which is much cheaper than the quoted price.
    The lower arm etc. is also not as expensive as some other competitor cars.

It is strongly recommended that you get major work carried out at FASS. It may include oil, oil filter, brake oil and coolant top-ups as well.

All in all if you are getting an emotion variant sub 4 lacs with all the work carried out, it is still a sweet deal IMHO.
    1 person likes this.
  10. royalsaran

royalsaran

chennai
    hi friends many thanks for your positive comments.. forgot to tell you.. first time when it started... came out a black smoke.. then it was normal. Mechanic said its normal to get black smoke & it goes away when its running.