1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

used fiat linea purchase

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by royalsaran, Feb 24, 2014.

1. royalsaran

royalsaran

chennai
    Hi,

I am saran from Chennai & i am planning to purchase an used fiat Linea emotion pack (As a very know fact everybody will fall in love with fiat designs). I got a deal through net, clocked around 40k kms - March 2010 model & the car looks stunning. seller looking for a 4.5 Lakh price tag.

My question is that a good deal? also i am not sure about the parts & service costs. Is it worth a deal to buy? as i am new to fiat family.

Please suggest me friends, as i have to make a decision by the 1st week of march.

Br,
    Saran
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    A warm welcome to TFI, Saran.

If the car is maintained well, this is good price. Also, do note that if is manufactured in March'10, then it should be the first generation linea with 86 bhp and 1290 kgs. of Kerb weight. This car will have more turbo lag than the current versions, but this is a rocket on the highway.
  3. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    I would suggest to check the car service/accident history at service centre.
    Also, if possible ask the owner to get the car to service centre and take an opinion of SC guys prior to the purchase if possible for additional repairs and general checkup.
    40K kms for 3 years, and 4.5Lac looks ok.
  4. royalsaran

royalsaran

chennai
    Hi Ramjin,

Many thanks for the reply ramjin, may i know the generations available & its launch month & year. Will be more helpful to identify the cars.

Also as i was driving a petrol car till now, can you explain me the turbo lag??

thanks,
    saran
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    4 people like this.
  6. royalsaran

royalsaran

chennai
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    4.5 is way high for 4 years old petrol linea.
    Recently Deals below
    2009 Linea emotion pk petrol, 22K run. Very very good condition - 3.1 Lakhs.
    2009 Linea t-jet+, 28K, Very mint condition - 3.8Lakhs
    2012 Linea T-Jet+, 10K, good condition - 4.5Lakhs http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4-t-jet/10864-deal-week-t-jet-sunbeam-beige.html

Looking at the above deals, If the history, bodyline tyres,insurance, everything is in place, then the best deal would be 3.3 or max 3.4Lakhs.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Just saw a Linea MJD this evening for a friend, Emotion Pk at 4 lacs, 3+yrs @42k kms.

mchanna, the figures you quoted are fine if direct deals are made. Dealers pad their profits as well. And again car condition also matters. Often certain sellers are rigid about their car and have no sense of urgency to sell, so they end up asking for more and more they get too.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Patience is the key if you are jumping in the used market.
    You have to be sure on what you want and for how much. Many people search the car (any) with in a price bracket not the brand its very wrong IMO.

For dealer add 20K extra.

If you look at the team-bhp's used car price check thread, the valuation comes below 3L for linea petrol
    1 person likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Very true..!

When buying used vehicles, dealers even create an artificial sense of urgency to make you feel as if this is the last magnificient car at best price and another one may never be sold at this price ever again.. :D
    Poor buyer somehow wants to get a car at the earliest, the best one that he can get even if he ends up paying a bit more. Deals are like that, some get very sweet deals while others wait and wait and sometimes end up buying a dud.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014