1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

USB/SDCARD/BLUETOOTH option for Emotion owners

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by azeet_kumar, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Dear All , I have installed Parrot MKI 9200 in to my 2011 GP Emotion with a Delphi HU. I will highly recommend this product to all Emotion users if they want a Bluetooth/SDCARD/USB/AUX option in their car. I have not opted to change the HU as this HU sounds quite nice in my present setup ( with Blaupunkt THA475 and Renegade 300 W Amp). Yes there are few HU available for GP for around 400$ which is too expensive and sound quality of these are always doubtful. Parrot MKI9200 got integrated with existing wire harness of GP ( you need to swap a wire in power connector) without any problem. Sound quality of this system is even better than OEM HU.DSP and equalizer are of goo quality and sound quality is excellent. This unit has its own AMP and does not use HU's AMP for powering speakers. conversation with Bluetooth is crystal clear and integration with android phone is smooth. Most of the voice commands works. when you try calling someone by name, well I am afraid to say, this unit is not perfect, but you can dial by manual method without any problems. 2013-01-31_08-10-13_735(1).jpg
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    4 people like this.
  2. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    Nice work brother. Can you please let us know the source for the Parrot MKI 9200 and its price? Please also let us know the wiring part to be swapped for the same.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
  4. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    This is surely gonna help a lot of Emotion owners looking for AUX/USB/Bluetooth functionality.
    P.S. What is that small thing with a LED and an arrow mark that is imposed over the A pedal of your car? Is it something related to the kit for switching it with the stock HU?
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
  6. Dipesh, That is Bass gain controller of my subwoofer, not related to Parrot kit

- - - Merged Post - - -

do not try vicky, Its prices are exorbitant. You can get the same from sonic in half the price ( roughly 130$)

- - - Merged Post - - -

2013-01-31_07-48-10_65.jpg
    Dipesh, see the attached pic. Kit requires a 12V and switched 12V (IGN). GND wire of the kit is ok for punto. 12 v to be tapped from referenced pin which is easy as connector of PARROT harness allows you to swap pins. switched 12V (IGN) is a tricky one yet very easy. original power harness of GP does not has a 12 V IGN . you have to obtain it from HU connector which showing switch mark.
  7. Anish_A

Anish_A

Bangalore
    Hello Azeet

Is this available in India................Can it be connected to any Smart Phone or is it specific to I-Phone???

Howz the quality????????

Anish
  8. Hi Anish,
    No it is not smartphone specific and works well with any OS/make. some phones may not have capability to share phonebook or does not have A2DP. in that case some of the features might not present.sound quality is excellent and no less than OEM HU. I have purchased it from a friend of mine through OLX as he has recently changed his car and i grabbed this thing in just 6000 Rs flat. you can find it on SONIC ELECTRONICS and EBAY. It plays IPHONE or IPODS as external device well.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013