1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

USB question Toshiba R 380

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Folks,

I got new laptop Toshiba R 380 from my organisation , i used to use Dell 630C until then.
    Problem is it has only one USB 3.0 and one 2.0 port,3.0 is not back ward compatible.

I can not work on the laptop keypad,need to use external keyboard and mouse,at work there is no problem but at home I need one usb port connect to 3G dongle.

What options I have to connect the keyboard and mouse, I have tried USB hub latest was Belkin but they all have short life and become unusable.

I cant use wireless key board and mouse as the receiver need one USB port.

Bluetooth ? is there usb to bluetooth converter? list prices of bluetooh keyboard and mouse seems to be very expensive.

-Sat
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Try to see if you can get "Docking Station".
    If you can get one, no need to worry about anything, just put your laptop on it and all connections are made from Docking stations (one time work).
    1 person likes this.
  3. I have a docking station but it is at workplace not at home as of now surprisingly Belkin usb hub has started working!! not sure when it will refuse to connect.