1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

USB port stopped working.

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by clash81, Apr 16, 2012.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    My USB port has gone kaput again after my wife connected here SII because her phone was running out of charge.

Anyone else here connects their SII to the USB port?
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Clash,
    recently i treid my mobile to connect with USB port the i found later the USB port was not communicating,hence rather taking to TASS,i gave reset to the battery and all sudden started working ;) .
    so now i'm not connecting my mobile to the USB port :( these days.
  3. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Maybe the CAR does not like your WIFE's phone connected to the USB.::V

4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    May be some .exe files available in your S2 or any phones As blue and me saearches for software once connected, if its android sure it will be. due to this its confusing your system. As Ganges said if you give reset it will work as it erases all in the system.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Ha ha, the car definitely doesn't seem to like Samsung Galaxy SII - my wife's phone. Another thing i have noticed with SII is that when connected to the USB, the car's system doesnt recognize any media files stored in the phone. The phone doesnt give any options to connect it as a mass storage/windows media sync/charging. It defaults to Charging mode.

My motorola phone gives different options to connect - mass storage/windows media sync/charging and if i select windows media sync, i can play the mp3 files stored in the phone. this doesnt happen with SII

By the way for battery reset, i need to remove the cables from the battery right?

6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey clash, i too have motorolla phone , another advantage is you no need to pick up the call using call button after 2 rings it will automaticcaly pick up the call :)
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    only -ve cable :mrgreen:
  8. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I faced an issue with my iPhone when I upgraded my iOS, wherein my phone was not recognised on USB as well as bluetooth. But when I r-synced it with itunes and then paired it afresh, it started working.
    Apart from that, I have never faced any problems charging/playing music from my iPhone and charging my wife's SII. Note that I have never tried to play music from her SII.
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    So there is someone in the forum who connects SII to the USB. That is reassuring. :)

One question, when you connect your wife's SII, does the car's system recognize any media files stored in the phone?

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

I should try this out. Wonder what all tools i need to remove the -ve cable. thanks for the info!

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

You have some settings to control this. I remember setting it up after it automatically picked up a dangerous :)P) call while i was traveling with my parents!

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Yeah, it definitely has to do something with the SII phone that my wife owns.
    1 person likes this.
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai

Will have to check and revert. She rarely uses the car without me and we have never used her phone for music.