1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

USB port stopped working.

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by clash81, Apr 16, 2012.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    A curious situation cropped up yesterday. I usually connect my motorola razr xt 910 to the USB port in the car to play some music, to recharge and sorts. Yesterday my wife connected her Samsung Galaxy to the USB port to charge and it did charge.

But once she disconnected her phone and i tried plugging in my phone, alas!, the USB port doesnt respond anymore. Usually when i connect my phone, the phone prompts to connect the device for charging, USB mass storage or windows media sync. Now, the phone doesnt prompt, neither is it getting charged through the USB.

This is an unusual situation, so i connected Galaxy SII again and surprising it is charging.

Has anyone here come across a situation like this? I am confused as the SII is working fine but my phone is not responding.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems like the culprit is the phone rather than the Blue n Me USB as it is still working with the S2.

Reboot/ reset the phone and try?
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I am thinking of it. Then again, the USB connection is working fine on my computer. Also, i think i failed to mention that the car's usb port is only recognizing the SII, it fails to recognize other USB sticks also.
  4. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Blue & me is by Microsoft, and universal solution for most MS software is CTRL+ALT+DEL :p

I would try to reset B&M by disconnecting it and reconnecting after about 10 min

I have had B&M not connecting via bluetooth to my phone - the fix was to completelty delete the phone entry from B&M and it connected again
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I took it to TASS and they rectified the problem. My wife connected her samsung galaxy using USB and it has gone kaput again.

There is something with SII and Blue and Me. Trying to find out. will update if i can make any sense.
  6. Check whether your wife's phone has any virus (btw, can virus attack Androids?)
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Try this...

From Steering mounted controls, go to settings->Media Player/ Blue & Me. Go to User data & delete all.

Delete the Blue & Me connection in your mobile also.

Then start a fresh & connect your mobile to Blue & me all over again.

Should work.
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I think i failed to mention. Pairing is working all fine, the problem is only with the USB port.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    But still. Try deleting all user data. Pair the mobile again.

Before attaching mobile with USB port, try any other USB stick with songs & let the Library build up. Probably Samsung mobile messed up the library list/ formating etc.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I took the vehicle to TASS to fix head lights, and also told them about the USB problem. They installed the latest version of B&ME and things were fine. While returning from Ooty, my wife connected her SII and things went kaput again.

Anyway, i left a new/fresh USB stick with some songs plugged in the port. After a few days, it started playing again. Now for a while, I am not gonna allow my wife to take her phone anywhere near to that USB port. :D