1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

USB port in Punto Dynamic - 2013 model.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sunilbsp, Jan 6, 2014.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This thread started on January 6th and my post dating back to January 7th clearly mentions that USB or AUX can not be added to any car manufactured June 2010 onwards because all FIAT cars manufactured June 2010 onwards come with non Blaupunkt/Delphi head units.

Blaupunkt Head Units have Blaupunkt written over them like in the pic below.

Blaupunkt India Fiat Punto Linea.jpg

I am surprised that more than 2.5 months later, this same thread is having same queries. No offence. :)

Link to previous post dated 07th January 2014
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/car-enter...rt-punto-dynamic-2013-model-2.html#post210659

@Pra.agar- Changing the HU does not void warranty as long as no wire is cut. I am planning to change the HU soon as well and get some pioneer 1-din HU with Bluetooth+USB+AUX support.

Only thing is that it is so hard to let go of the stock look of the Fiat's OEM Delphi HU. :(
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Did you get the system changed?
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes pra.agar- I changed it and got a Pioneer head unit installed. Pioneer head units have mixtrax software that can play the songs continuously with dj like transition. I found this quite interesting.
    1 person likes this.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Kool. Do share some pics, price and the model number.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Model number: Pioneer DEH-X7590SD.
    Price: 6k at Snapdeal. I kept on looking 3 models at Snapdeal (Pioneer DEH-X3590/3690, 4590BT and 7590SD). As soon as I saw discount on 7590, I bought it.
    Got it installed from a local installer. Total cost of install:

Pioneer DEX-X7590SD: Rs6,000/-
    Stereo panel from FASC: Rs250/-
    ISO cable for Pioneer stereo: Rs200/- (Because I retained factory fitted speakers and wiring)
    Antenna connector: Rs100/-
    Installation charges: Rs200/-
    Pioneer CD SR100 steering mounted remote control: Rs1300/-

Pics to follow...
    2 people like this.
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here are the pics. Stock looks sure get compromised but now it is much more convenient to play songs via USB.

stereo panel punto.jpg

Pioneer stereo punto.jpg
    3 people like this.
  7. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    @Yashik

I thought the fascia for all models post-2013 is the same colour. How is it that you got a different coloured one?

By the way, congrats on the new HU. Do yo notice any difference in SQ compared to the stock HU?
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you @5hadow bro. :)

You are talking about the stereo fascia/panel that I am holding in my hand and have got installed around the new HU in second pic right? I bought this stereo fascia from Fiat service center and the color of the fascia is that of Fiat Linea (slightly copperish). I was told that it comes in only 2 colors: Black and Linea silver.

Regarding the difference in SQ compared to the stock HU, the SQ depends upon the weakest link in the system (which in my case are the factory fitted speakers that are designed to handle 20Watts).

But, I still feel that the bass and SQ has improved marginally. The advantage of this aftermarket HU that I have got is just that now I have a rear USB with cable routed to the glove box, AUX support, 3 RCA outputs in case I ever wish to have a proper audio system and an IR remote for co-passenger and steering remote control for myself. SQ and other things will be appreciable only if I change the speakers to aftermarket ones.
    1 person likes this.
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Awesome dude. How old is your car and Y did u go with this system Mixtrax and no BT?? What difference do u feel?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My car is 5 months old Avtive variant. I did not go for a BT system as BT can be added for just 500 bucks or so to any system that offers an AUX input.

I went for other features instead like 3 RCA pre-outs, rear USB port for cleaner looks of the stereo, customizable colours of the buttons and display etc. The same stereo with added BT was costing me Rs3000/- more at local store since snapdeal offered a good discount on this model that I bought.

As I have already mentioned, there is no difference in audio quality as the speakers are still the same (factory fitted).

Mixtrax is an app from Pioneer that is present in almost all CD players sold by it.

The only reason I got the factory fitted stereo removed was because of the lack of USB port for playing songs in Active variant.