1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

USB port in Linea Classic Plus ?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by ShanGan, Sep 5, 2014.

1. ShanGan

ShanGan Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Hi,
    I recently brought my Linea Classic plus, want to know is there an option to fix an USB port in the existing audio. Or any audio set available which can directly fix into that location (exact dimensions of the existing audio)
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. ShanGan

ShanGan Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Hi, I have completed 11000km on Classic Plus, have done few modifications in my car.
    Replaced JVC unit, front with Polk component, rear Alpine speakers, door trims replaced with leather on fabrics.

And would like to know more on the below ones.

1. After my first service, vehicle started moving towards left, when checked with Serv. mgr, they agreed that they have missed few things in wheel alignment, after alignment still not comfortable. As a result, if i clock more than 120kmph, the vehicle vibrates, one of my friend suggested me to check the alignment with vehicle alignment center, even that same was mentioned in an article of The Hindu daily.

2. What would be best Tyre size for me to upgrade, since it comes with 14 inch, either to retain the same 14 inch with good quality like Michelin or Continental else upgrade with 15 inch. Can i also have advantages of the upgrade.

3. I also interested in upgrading my headlight, what is the best choice Osram night breaker or Philips extreme vision.

4. I studied somewhere after 15000km service, the vehicle performance i.e. initial pickup, FE will be nice, is this correct ?

If someone could help on the above points, it would be helpful.

One thing I have to agree the vehicle performance is awesome in highways.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Pics please in ICE thread (even HU pic will do), good that you upgraded the ICE :) Please update your location in profile, helps other TFIans to suggest some local services, solutions or FASC.

You can ask for a resolution with FASC first, send them an email, especially if the problem seems to have appeared after the first service. If you don't mind spending again, finding a good wheel alignment and balancing center can do it quicker and you can check the difference instantly. These days they have those laser attachments for wheels for setting the toe or is it camber? or castor!?:confused:
    If there is a tyre or rim damage it could still not work unless you repair or replace the specific rim that is creating more issue.

I would suggest you to upgrade to 15" if only you have GC issues. These upgrade could be better if alloys too are upgraded. Else regular 15" linea rims are priced reasonably.

Do you find the existing headlight inadequate, if your driving involves too much night time driving then definitely consider and upgrade. Search for Roots brand wiring harness for headlight too, also posted on some thread. My first choice for brand would be OSRAM, but there are many discussions on forum already. You might want to read those and take a call.

I am not sure if FASC does some magic here :) Maybe its true and pronounced in some cases or it could be a placebo effect. The only logical explanation could be the run-in period and engine freeing and sounding or feeling better or more free-revving.

Agreed 100%. Enjoy and drive safe..!
  5. ShanGan

ShanGan Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Hi, Thanks for your answers. Will try to upload few pictures.