1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

USB Port and Bluetooth integration in your Emotion variant of Punto / Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 13, 2011.

1. kindly share which HU your punto has
  2. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Had not checked with ipod, will test it soon and reply.
    HU is Blaupunkt
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Had checked the Ipod connectivity... interface does not support IPOD. Can only be used for charging.
  4. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

Hey I have tried fitting Bluetooth/USB interface in my punto of June 2010 make. Unfortunately it does not work with these non Blau HU's. :(:(:(
  5. iamsameerj

iamsameerj

Pune
    Hi All,

I am a new user to this forum. I own a Dec 2009 Punto Emotion (dont know the exact date of manufacture). My car has a Blaupunkt HU and have confirmed that it accepts Aux In. For anyone who has already installed this interface, can you please help answer the following questions, specifically related to the Bluetooth interface:
    - How good is the voice quality at the other end? In other words, is the mike pickup good?
    - Do the callers at the other end get a lot of background noise?
    I need to make/take frequent calls on my way home and am considering this interface primararily for this particular reason, so looking for inputs on these questions.

TIA.
  6. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    voice at the other end is clear without any background noise.. but volume is little low, thats what the feedback i got. i think i placed mic little far on the ceiling light. i even tried adjusting the mic gain.. but there wasnt much change.
  7. Hi fellow Fiatians,
    Which car music system is been used in Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion (Petrol) mfd. sept. 2010.
    Is it Blaupunkt or Bosch?
  8. dhanukedari

dhanukedari

@ PaddleShifter-- I have fitted this same unit in my Punto Emotion alonwith an Aux-In cable. And it is working fine. Now I can play songs from USB and IPod as well, with fine quality.

Other folks- I have a Oct 2009 Punto Emotion with factory fitted Blaupunkt HU. And this unit just worked fine with it. Though it cost me 3500 including fitting in Pune. In pune the only trustworthy source to do this is ' Ecko Electronics, Law College Road, Fattelal Path, Opposite to Indsearch college". He is authorized dealer of Blaupunkt.
    But the factory fitted speakers are of meager quality, I have fitted 2 speakers ( Boston 330 W each) on parcel shelf. And believe me, I am getting an awsome sound quality from all this setup. This saved me the money of new HU ( Approx Rs 10K- 12 K) and a panel around it ( Rs 2000). I will post a snap soon.

Dhananjay K
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  9. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Is it possible to use this device if th factory fitted head unit is bosch?
  10. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No it does not work with bosch units