1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

USB Port and Bluetooth integration in your Emotion variant of Punto / Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 13, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Price= Rs3200/-

A local dealer here has Bluetooth device for Punto/Linea that will add Bluetooth functionality as well as USB port to your Emotion variant of Punto and Linea. Just in case someone is interested in getting these 2 things.

This is a rare item no longer available anywhere IMO.

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/7607545500-adaptor

BLAUPUNKT-BLUETOOTH.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    gr8 finding. what connector does it have on the other end to plug into the head unit?

do you have a full snap of this.
  3. I am intrested Yashik.....when are you coming for your armrest...may be you can get this for me :)
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Amit, it's a rare thing. I'm surprised how come he is still stocking it. I can click it's pic tomorrow (If I go to Chandigarh) or day after tomorrow for sure and post it here.

The one I have attached is from the internet.

USB port seems to be the best part with this device. That would make Emotion variant's ICE complete in all respect after speaker upgrade.

@Karan- Are you sure you want to book this? I think he has only one piece and since he had a Punto HU available with him, he says it is compatible with it but I can come back after some recon on Friday.

I'm coming to Delhi next month. If anyone wants me to bring it for him/her then they need to tell me before 6th May. First come first serve rule applies.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Well if this will work then people trying to get aux in with mini iso c1 or c3 should also work. Because it would use mini iso c2 for bluetooth telephone related functions and either c1 or c3 for Aux in. My preception is that it would use mini iso c1, because thats how blue and me is connected to HU. If it uses C3 and works the cinjus problem with C3 auxin should also get solved.
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    here are the pics. BTW the Bluespot website link i posted above says that this isn't compatible with factory fitted HUs. The dealer at Chandigarh is willing to give demo on a car and i've found yet another shop and this guy says that he has installed it in a punto before but it needs some settings which he doesnt remember but is willing to give demo.

Price has come down to Rs3000 after all possible bargaining.

2011-04-15 12.57.43.jpg

2011-04-15 12.57.29.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I had tried this on my car, Bluetooth works but USB was not working. It's the problem with factory fitted HU's, they are not compatible with this product :(.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I see that it uses C3 pin (blue pin with 8 holes) for AuxIn, which we found that its not working on those Delphi systems.
    And also I would doubt USB reading capability, because the HU built is probably configured to take inputs from Blue&Me (read microsofts own data communication standards) which reads the USB and passes to HU.

It would nice to know if that things work with someones car. Paddleshifter, if in case it works out, would like take the screenshot of HU, model no, serial no, firmware no details. This will give us fair idea about which ones are compatible
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Viny- now i need someone with old Blau HU, emotion variant to see if its working with at least the old models that came with blaupunkt HU. Sure i'll post lots of pics. Lets see how thats possisble. :p
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    What Grandeur and Viny says makes sense. I have read that the OEM HU has certain functionality disabled and that is done deliberately to prevent upgrading to higher version features after purchase. :mad: