1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Urgent Service Query

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by clash81, Jan 3, 2012.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Folks, i have left my punto 90hp for 2nd service @ 15K Kms. I am being charged a bomb - 9k. Currently i have the Job Card given by the service center. I am putting down the break up here. Please check and let me know if am getting ripped by these people.

Repair Details - Second Free Service + REP E/OIL O/F F/F F/F A/F D/F - 5800 Rs.
    - Balance Wheel - 350 Rs
    - Front Wheel Alignment - 250 Rs.
    This amounts to a total of 6400 Rs and the SA is saying they need to replace the brake pads as it will max go 500 more Kms. In total this service is going to cost me 6400 + 2600 = 9000 bucks.

This seems to be on the expensive side, i mean on the very expensive side. Folks please let me know i should agree for this or not.
  2. Can you post the job card? looks like they replaced more than just engine oil.

-Sat
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I am trying to do that but as i am accessing the forum from a friend's comp am unable to do it.

The job card entries are the same as mentioned above. He showed me the usual 2nd service work card and there is nothing other than the usual stuff to do on the car :(
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Avoid doing alignment and balancing at TASS.Their machines don't show accurate readings also you wil save some money if you get the alignment and balancing done outside.Change oil to fully synthetic from outside if u can, there also you will save some money on labour.Do not believe TASS on brake pads.Show to another TASS and cross verify.And also to a reputed garage outside to confirm.Brake pads shouldn't wear out so early according to me.Since your getting all the filters changed ask them to show you all the replaced old filters for confirmation.

P.S

If you're doing tyre rotation then do not do cross rotation.Go for the straight rotation i.e front > rear then rear > front.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    clash81, stay alart about for what things he is trying to charge you.
    If you have any doubts get them cleared from you SA. Further we are here too.

About break pads, its just 15k kms. But it depends upon driving style too. So if you can take a pic of your brake pads & post it here, gurus on TFI can let you know about it.(To check break pads remove your wheels & behind brake caliper pads are visible.)

About my experiance, i didn't do wheel alignment & balancing from TASS. Their work in this perticular area is blunder! I got it done in local Goodyear shop.

Also one more important thing, buy a 4 litter or four 1 litter Selenia 5W-40 can by your self & get the oil change process front of you(Do insist on it!). Our MJD's required 3.2 lit. Of engine oil so you can have the remaining oil with you.

So if brake pads are not changed it should cost you around 6.5/7k. Nothing more than this.
  7. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Even I was charged Rs 9200 for the second service and the cost was high due to change of brake pads. In my case wheel alignment was done FOC.
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks folks!

I have already left the vehicle in the service station, now it looks like i will have to pay the quoted amount. Anyways, i dropped down to the Service station after i wrote the query here and clarified once again with the SA. I asked for a break up of the price. Here is how it goes:

Engine oil - 572/l (3*572) = 1716

Oil filter - 390 Rs

Air filter - 333 Rs

* - 46 Rs (Not legible what he has written against this)

Diesel filter - 1752

Balance Wheel - 350

Front Wheel alignment - 250

Total = 5800 (I believe this includes tax also).

From the above list the SA told he will not be charging for Balancing wheels, i.e 350 Rs.

Add with this the new Brake Pads costing 2900 Rs + 350 Rs labour.

In total i am expecting a bill around 9k.

In future, i will not repeat this mistake as i see most of you have spent on an average of 6 to 7k on your second service.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    During free service, labor charge is supposed to be FREE. They should be charging only for the brake pads, and not for labor. Ask him, if you charge for labor and all the replacement parts, why do you call it free service! Isn't it paid service with a different name?

And, where did you give your car for service?
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Okay Fiatlover, that question will be posed to the SA :D

I have given it at Prerana Motors Kudlu Gate.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012