1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Urgent Help Needed

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Aviator, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I took delivery of Punto Sport just 10 days ago and at that time my friend was also close to buying Maruti Swift VDI but after driving my Punto he completely changed his mind and now he has also planned Punto Sport. He is tight on the budget that's why today we checked each and every dealership in Delhi to see who is giving maximum discount. I was surprised by seeing that no one is giving discounts other than free insurance. We than finalized HIM Motors in Peera Garhi (Delhi) and the sales guy also agreed to give Rs.5000 cash discount, its not much, but its something. The car is available right now so no need to wait and my friend's loan was already approved by HDFC Bank. The sales guy said that he can deliver the car within 4 days. Now I have some things to ask from fellow drivers and kindly answer each query separately:-

1) Dealer is offering extended warranty for Rs.5100. Now my friend wants to purchase extended warranty but due to tight budget he was thinking to purchase the extended warranty after 5-6 months. My question is that can we purchase the warranty after 5 or 6 months or we can only purchase it at the time of delivery.

2) Dealer is asking Rs.41520 for registration. My friend lives in Bahadurgarh, Haryana just 10 KM from Delhi and when he inquired with the RTO they told that Rs.35000 is required for registering in Haryana. We told the dealer that just give us a temporary no. and we will get the car registered our self but the sales guy said that you have to get it registered through us. I think they are ripping us off because I know number of people who gets their car registered by themselves. Now what should we do???

3) Today the sales guy also showed us our car parked in the stockyard. After decoding the VIN code I came to know that the car was manufactured in April 2012 and has done 56 KM. So is it OK to take delivery of the car as it was manufactured 7 months ago???

4) Can anyone suggest some ways to save some money??

Cheers
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ways to save money I can suggest
    - go for a loan from a public bank like SBI and not from private banks,lower interest rates,processing fee and zero prepayment penalty.
    -do the registration and insurance by yourself
    -ask for a waiver of handling charges
    -or else wait for the month of December,when a huge discount will be available
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1. Generally, the extended warranty was given for free. Negotiate with them hard. Even if they are not giving it, he can always take it after 5-6 months.

2. I am not very much proficient with the registration process followed in New Delhi. As per my knowledge, all our RTOs are corrupted and take more money than the actual registration cost.

3. Absolutely fine as long as you do a thorough PDI.

4. No comments :D.
  4. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes I know RTOs are corrupted but in my case the dealer is ripping me off. Asking Rs.6000 more than the original registration fee.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Another option is to check if standard 90hp is available or not at any dealer in Delhi. You will some amount as car will be bit old and standard 90hp price is less than Punto Sport.
  6. From which dealer in Delhi are u buying the car from?? I have observed one thing that if I buy my Punto MJD Active (Delhi registration) from A dealer in Delhi, he's quoting me a price of Rs 6 lacs (after all discounts) where as If I'm buying the same variant (Delhi registration) from a dealer based in Noida(UP) or Gurgoan (Harayana), they are quoting me a price of Rs 6.1-6.15 lacs. I really don't know why there is a price difference in the RTO when im Buying a same variant car & that to Delhi registration.

So in your case, maybe your friend should go & confirm the price at a dealer based in Haryana itself as the Registration charges might be less.
  7. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    In your case i think ex-showroom price in Noida is slightly higher than Delhi. Like ex-showroom of punto sport in Delhi is Rs.737154 but in Haryana it is Rs.740358.

In my case the dealer is asking Rs.41520 for registration in Haryana whereas the actual registration fee is Rs.35000.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    buy the extended warranty right at the time of purchase. Take insurance from outside. You will get bajaj allianz / tata aig / future generalli zero depreciation scheme at 18-20k.
  9. Today I confirmed the registration fee for Punto 90hp sports from my dealer(Fiat caffe New Delhi), he is quoting a price of Rs 39363 for Haryana registration. He even mentioned that if you do registration yourself, you will be saving Rs 2000-3000 max.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  10. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    You may want to check with Raghuvanshi motors in Dilshad Garden, they had a couple of BNW Punto sports with them in September 3rd week and were willing to give a good deal.

Scheme of the month is always applicable and this can be given at dealer's discretion on any car sold. Negotiate with the dealer.

As for the car itself it is not biodegradable like a fruit or vegetable that it will rot away. Moreover all of the Fiat dealers that I visited in September (before I bought a brand new car manufactured 17 months ago) stocked the FIATs indoors. So the car should be in good shape.