1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Urgent help(different sort), folks in Chennai area please respond ASAP

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by theblack, Oct 22, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Today i've found another use for TFI forum...

I'm currently in chennai near a place called "Babuji memorial ashram" .
    I would like to know if there is a good place to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner.

As you might have guessed, my ABARTH is giving me company so there is no worry about driving..

My request to all chennai folks is to please let me know of a good place for dinner(as of now) near the area where i'm staying.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

forgot to add... the closer the place is the better it would be.. I'm exhausted today
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Can u please let me know the AREA
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Manapakkam
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am seeing it very late. There is one restaurant 'Kumarakom' near the DLF IT park. I would recommend it as that is the nearest place for you.

For Breakfast, drive down to Guindy (Kathipara Flyover) and take the road towards Airport. Just after getting off the flyover you will see 'Hotel Apoorva' on the left side itself with ample parking. Go there for Breakfast. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    no wonder you are the first person to suggest ramesh :) theblack actually asked for your phone no but knowing that both you and suresh are not in india currently, he started this thread!!

Theres one kumarakom in bangalore too. kerala style cuisine with very nice ambience. but a bit on costlier side for frequenting daily
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh. I didn't know the duration of his stay. Thought that may be for few days. For longer duration, I would suggest him to go to Apoorva itself for the Dinner. :)
    There is another one 'Hotel Sangeetha' before the Porur junction (may be 3-4 kms from the Ashram), but here the food quality will be average.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    even i am not sure about the duration.. was guessing that he would stay for few days..anyways now he has options for both :) lets see where he had his dinner tonight ;) ..
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    thank you guys for helping me out ...
    As for today my google navigation + HTC places took me to dominos on poonamallee highway (about 3.5kms from where i'm staying).
    (Hats off to G-Navigations)

Ramjn, thanks for the suggestions i now know where to bunk for breakfast tomorrow...
    I'm staying here for a week. Will return back to blr this saturday (Hopefully).