1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Upgrading 1st Gen Linea to Linea 2012

Discussion in 'Technical' started by coolhareesh, Jan 15, 2012.

1. coolhareesh

coolhareesh

Chennai
    I have a FIAT Linea 1.3 MJD... Is it possible to increase its ground clearance to 185mm as in the 2012 Linea?... Where could it be done?
    Further could we also install the rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps? Would these be available as upgrade options to old Linea's? What would be its costs?
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I think you should head to the nearest fiat showroom and upgrade your car to linea 2012 immediately ;)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you have gone through the thread "Linea 2012 - Short Review", you would have got some information on increasing the GC. To put it again, Fiat may come up with upgrade kits for the existing owners. This is not confirmed by Fiat though. Let us wait and see.

To be honest, upgrading from Linea 1.3 MJD to 2012 model just for GC, rain sensing wipers and auto lights doesn't make any sense to me.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

well to be frank it wont matter for city driving but increasing ground clearance can be helpful for people in rural india

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Being in a city like mumbai I've faced GC issues only when my car was loaded with 5people.Apart from this no GC issues.I've learnt the art to take over those big humps :p
  6. coolhareesh

coolhareesh

Chennai
    But wouldn't you like rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps as an add-on to existing lineas/puntos?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For highway driver like me, it matters a lot. I don't face any issue as such in the city. But, while going out of city, it is a pain with the low GC. I was in Kodaikanal few weeks back and I went to Mannavanur from Kodaikanal which is about 35 kms. The last 15 kms. took me 1.5 hours. Just because of the road condition. If at all my car had better GC, it would have been a cake walk for me.
  8. ROSHINLAL

ROSHINLAL

Kollam
    Friends i plead you to increase the ground clearance of your car.my mjd is in trivandrum tass since dec last week.had noticed decrease in oil level and contacted them.after check up they told engine has to be overhauled.the problem came because of under hit it seems.there is only 7mm difference between the shield and the engine sump.it costs me around 90k.will get rs.60000 as it covers under extended warranty.other charges will cost me 30k.so i am planning to upgrade my cars gc for sure.the cost for increasing gc will be informed by today afternoon
  9. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Thats sad to hear. Hopefully you problem will be fixed fast. Do let us know what the upgradation kit consists off and how is the procedure done exactly?