1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Upgrade your roof lights to LED

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by azeet_kumar, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Thanks Tarun
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the info azeet.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Yesterday, evening I have replaced my cabin light with the LED light. :D I din't care to notice what brand or rating the light was. ::V But the light is a rectangular card type with 5 rows and around 10 leds on each row. After fitting, I noticed the light was brighter than the OEM light and was satisfactory. I paid 600 Rs for the light.:???: My wife, after noticing the light told me with a satire "You should have put a tubelight instead. Would have been much brighter. Isn't it?" :hit
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
    2 people like this.
  4. check out my GP's roof light bulb

I have also installed LED's. I imported it from China.

Light brightness not bad compared to the stock bulb.

Pictures I will upload later since its not yet dark outside......... :p

160720111281.jpg

160720111283.jpg
  5. @ N Kiran.. good choice but a little bit of caution to be adhered to is that after sometime some of the LED's tend to flicker which is an eye sore, I faced this problem due to which now I removed the LED's and now installed the bullet type LED's, now its fine............ :)
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @Romsi: I was not aware of that. Will see how long its life is. I do have the stock bulb with me. So can change it back whenever needed. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  7. roof and number plate lights

check out the roof and number plate lights which I put in my car...

160720111288.jpg

160720111299.jpg

160720111289.jpg

160720111291.jpg
  8. romsi,
    the problem of flickring is because of dry soldering of any of the arrays. just apply solder and it will ok.
  9. congrats N_kiran
    put one more in parallel with each board. light will become brighter