1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Upgrade your roof lights to LED

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by azeet_kumar, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Yes, and its cool white. Will jazz up interiors
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Good work azeet !! Now try something for the rear as well, I badly need one, didn't like the table lamp like stuff from Fiat.
  3. Thx pran, please wait for a while as i am waiting for roof light for rear to be delivered.
  4. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    great work !!!

cheers ..
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Can you tel me the name/color code of the resistor used? Can we use same resistor for 4no's of 40 mm festoon lights in place of 3no's as yours?(dumb in electricals):confused:
  6. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Great Work azeet ! Where and what type of roof lights have you ordered ?
  7. i have been using led in ma punto s cabin lamp for almost a year now.mine has only a single bulb socket as my car is a dynamic.so i replaced it with a led panel which had connectors like the oe bulb.i paid 250 bucks and the result is awesome.i dint use any resistors etc.just plug and play.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Fiat-Yamaha,
    start from left : brown,green,red 1/4 watt resistor is sufficient.
  9. I have seen this paned made of normal (through hole type) white LED's. you have to glue them inside with double sided tape provided at backside. that is what i did not like because they can rattle inside fixture.
    the festoon i have used is made of SMD LED's (3528 type) which has two white LED built in every single element so output is double. Also i have soldered in such a way that it remain self supported and create no rattling noise.
    if you measure voltage between terminals after lights dim , in my config it was coming 5 volts which is sufficient for lighting up LED's. That is why load resistor was used.
  10. Dear Fiat Yamaha,
    you can use better option than mine : get a PHILIPS 3 W Festoon LED replacement bulb (will cost you 600 for one piece). Theoritically this one bulb can produce equal brightness as of my config. if you use two then results will be awsome.