1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Upgrade to 16 Inch Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by SoumenPaul, Dec 21, 2013.

1. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I am planning to upgrade my Linea's Alloys from 15 to 16".
    FIAT oem 16 inchers are too pricey (11 k per pc) , searched our forum and net to check the option for 16", 98 pcd.
    Found HRS alloys which looks good. May be I will pay a visit to hottracks also, heard that they have good ones available with them.
    Posting a picture, let me know our member's view whether it looks good.
    Since I am upgrading to 16", there will be speedo/km reading error, and I am fine with it.

16Inch1.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    @Soumen: I think the large number of spokes (and the finish) in the OEM alloy go well with the radiator grill pattern too. Your current selection doesn't, IMO. The HRS alloy, by itself, looks good though. Seems easily cleanable than the OEM ones too.
    2 people like this.
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I agree that 16" T-Jet alloys goes very well with LINEA's looks, only the price is holding me back.
    Also I am not very confident about Kava Automobile's (Rs. 5k only) 16" OEM alloys, which according to many are refurbished.
    I am little confused since choices are very less.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It would be a good thing to check the link in the pic below and use the tyre calculator if you are planning to upgrade to 16" alloys.

I am attaching a photo with this post where I have compared tyre upgrade with stock size of 195/60R15.

e.g. The difference in circumference and diameter exceeds 2% in case of 205/55R16 while it is less than 1% in case you opt for 205/50R16. I hope this will help you select tyres better.

Do keep in mind the "J" dimensions (width) of alloys. e.g. 16 inch x 6.5J or 16 inch x 7J.

Regarding design, its a subjective thing and I will recommend posting a few pics when you see them in person.

Also see this link: http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/

Tyre size.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    16" is a bit of a hot cake, you cant eat it fast enough nor would you want to wait till its cold.
    Its better to actually skip 16" and try 17". If your ok to go with a low rider
    2 people like this.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wouldn't 17 be a sort of overkill? Suspension would definitely not like them.

Our TFI member Aniket is using 17 inch alloys on his Exotica Red Punto Emotion and is totally satisfied with the experience. I guess he is using 225 section rubber as well. :D
  7. Just one point tires will be super expensive.
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yeah. it is going to hit the suspension if not careful and yes low riders are not for indian conditions at all. But 15-16" is a very small change and a big tradeoff compared to 15-17". Hence i put my thought.

Also what sat just mentioned is 100% true. The cheapest 17" tyre you can find would still cost you 7K (at least).
    Finally 16" is an odd rim size to be frank. There is better chance you will find 17" 98PCD than 16"98PCD
    2 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Linea internationally is shod with 205/45 R17, when fitted with 17 inch alloys. I just checked changemytyre website and the only tyre available in that size is Nankang priced at Rs. 5650 each.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Let me do some more searching.
    Yes 17" looks awesome on Linea, I think I saw a picture of a LINEA with 17" white alloy in this forum somewhere.
    It was just drop dead gorgeous !!!