1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Upgrade Punto MJD Emotion to Linea MJD Classic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sriramr9, May 14, 2014.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It's not an issue, it is a part of preventive maintenance. :)

Sorry to disagree, you never can. I have driven a 75HP for 20k kms and a 90HP for 30k kms and a 75 can never ever keep with a 90, especially after 120kmph. A 75 can even be faster to hit 60-80kmph within the city, due to lesser lag and better driveability, but no way on the highways. :)
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sriram9, Yet again I suggest you, go for a pre-owned (per-worshipped) Linea MJD Em or Empk. Makes more sense economically and upgrade wise. :)
    Or is it totally out of your buying equation?

Alternatively, yes if you are very confident that Linea Classic+ is good for you, maybe you are pretty right in your evaluation as well. Besides it is a new car after all. Can't beat that factor.

To sum-up things a bit, it looks like majority of TFIans on thread agree that you should go for something that is a true upgrade (as it includes ABS+EBD and Airbags and whole lot of other things). Whatever you decide most of us should feel happy for your decision, hopefully! ::D

@Driver, you are very right in your reply about the timing chain and pick-up and lag comparisons. Maybe, if I read his initial posts correctly, he is looking at it from a very practical intent and speeding over 120 would be a rare thing for him.:?: It also looks like Sriram9, is looking for an all-rounder package where speed and performance factors of classic plus mjd look pretty convincing to him. It is practically not a bad car, if one is willing to give a Nelson's eye to extra safety features.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

My reply was only for his thought that he could keep with a Linea MJD on the highways. :)

Also, one other point in favor of the Classic over the Punto is the rear seat. It's better and more comfortable.
  4. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    I have to agree as i have never chased a 90hp or a LINEA MJD in highway hence i bow with respect to your comment. VGT is the king here.

Decision not yet made completely sir, one i wish to buy only a new car, 2 i wish i get more rear seat leg room which classic + has plus a luxurious boot and a workhorse tuned engine. i have no guts to chase cars in highway, i ll mess up the drive. i m happy with this engine power which is adequate . yWill test drive 90hp model this week n update here my exp as per your advice.

Much much better Driv3R. Just exp it once. Classic+ s a lovely workhorse practically ticks all right boxes except power n airbags..New Linea is bigger, bold, flashy for some one you really needs a luxury level upgrade..
  5. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Sriram ,

, Looking at your reply - i think you seems to be more bitten by "diesel sedan" bug :)
    I would say just approach it practically - List down why you want to move ( yes i know you have said space but still .. )
    and May be i will suggest you to what i generally follow , Never take decision when you cant take your mind of particular car. Just hold on spend few months at least ignoring that decision , if you still want to move , then you can jump the fence. That practice saved me from lot of car purchases , if i had not done that my car list would have long list of cars which i avoided to buy from initial "have to do" phase ( tata safari , Toyota innova , skoda octavia rider , skoda vRS and recently XUV list is long :D )
    1 person likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry mate, VGT is good for overall drivablility and FE, but if sheer performance is the factor supercharger is the king. :D Ofcourse not in picture here, but that's another thing. As per DRIV3R's comment an FGT 75hp is probably better for zipping through the city, so maybe FGT can be the winner in some ways. :)
    There are pros and cons to all the three.

Yes sriram9, thanks for clarifying about new car, could have helped if you did earlier. Your pros about classic+ are already stated and I for one have been in agreement with these factors, as do many others I am sure. The safety features is what everyone is pushing for. The thread being "upgrade punto mjd emotion...". The 'upgrade' bit got some people confused here, not everyone can see this as an upgrade, see? ::D

:lol Never chase cars on highway, leave it to the dogs, if you know what I mean..;) :lol:
    You are right in your analysis. Humans chasing other humans in cars or otherwise, tend to mess-up or get messed-up..:wink:

It's refreshing to see someone think of a car in a pragmatic manner. I appreciate the fact that you are contented with 75HP engine performance. I know I would. Like I said it's practically not a bad car either (compared to the top-end Linea and ofcourse a lot more than a lot of other competition's cars.)

I did advise:confused:, pls. dont get me wrong, on the contrary, I would if at all, advise you not to test drive anything further. :)
    Ofcourse except on your volition. :p
    I do merely opine on what is 'advisable', it's probably unwise to advise. If I advise rather than merely suggest feel free to advise me not to advise..:evilsmile
    The problem, with too much advise is, that one could at times second guess one's own decision, which I think is worst than buying a deemed 'not so appropriate' product for N no. of reasons.
  7. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Reason for being contended sir, is point#1. 20k km driving exp behind my sleeves with the engine, point#2. With FGT it is able to power the vehicle adequately in traffic, with/without payload, does decent 3 digit speeds when needed, the same drive train does duty in many FWD & few RWD cars such as Chevy Enjoy, Rio which have more kerb weight than the Classic+, I did test drove the Enjoy LTZ and believe me it was a nice experience, in fact all FGT MJD owners are indeed happy about their drives. Point#3, I do not have the pressing need for a 90PS engine @ this juncture. According to me 75HP FGT MJD is a very capable engine for all practical reasons. My humblest opinion here.
    ica

Thanks for your humble words, i will always count on your words and will be conscious while taking decision.s :)
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sriram,
    My selves being 75 bhp punto owner always curse for not having extra 15 horses. These horses comes into picture after 109 km pH.

I don't know why we are stressing on engine performance when sriram's requirement is aesthetic looks of sedan.
  9. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Classic + mjd best deal 7.9 only its good price compare to other sedan , space ,,,,, its c class 75 hp is ok for cool driving
    If there is no budget problem new model is sexy

I love Fiat