1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Upgrade Punto MJD Emotion to Linea MJD Classic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sriramr9, May 14, 2014.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Off late I have been bitten by the Linea Classic bug, for sure my heart says go for it, yeah i do own a MJD Emotion punto with creature comforts like 4 power windows, blue n me, foot a/c vents, Automatic Climate control etc.

But still when i drove the Linea Classic mjd 75hp, it made me like it more than the punto. Its bigger, sedan sized, can swallow airport luggage, more rear seat space, more practical same engine as punto so no need driving transition.

Upon inquiring for exchange the price quoted for exchange was way too low than expected. Is it still a wiser decision to swap a fully loaded Punto with a Classic which has more practicality, space, plus the timeless design.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If you mean classic plus it may be worthwhile. :)
  3. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Right, he was not quoting a bad buy back price for a 20k run new car as you rightly said Classic Plus makes most sense i am not interested in 90PS engine as such. i am perfectly ok with 75PS.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Or you could go for a low run pre-worshipped mjd emotion pack with steering control and alloys. You could still go for loan too just in case if you need one.

That way you get a much better deal. Besides you can try to get a better value for the Punto if you are not in hurry to sell later.
  5. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Asimpleson . i am not in a hurry to upgrade the car as of now, just trying to look at various existing options and trying to evaluate. my wish to is to have minimal loss to my pocket and do a intelligent upgrade for which classic seemed to the be most apt car of choice.

Yeah as you said the buy back exchange policy is always not customer friendly. Else who will sell a 2 years old fully loaded Diesel punto for just 3.8L. It s atrocious.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    If 3.8L is what they are offering, I would say stay away from the deal. Personally for me though, exchanging a Top end Punto to a downgraded Linea Classic (even if it is a Plus) variant is not a wise decision. Except for the boot (sedan), I wouldn't call it an upgrade at all.

Its your car, your money and your choice at the end of the day.
    5 people like this.
  7. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    what is the buy back offer they are giving ? but you will miss the features of Emotion variant on Linea classic on a long run.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Is my understanding correct ? Losing airbags & ABS just for the boot ! To buy any car without ABS & Airbags itself is not a wise decision in my opinion.
    2 people like this.
  9. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Hai classic + mjd have ABS , you are right no airbag I have classic+ mjd just purchased on 19,4,2014

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is not a wise decision for the government in first place to not make these mandatory features on all cars. One needs to stretch his or her budget too much to get these basic features on cars. The manufacturers already sell these at too much premium therefore.

The markets will have more competitive suppliers and manufacturers if all cars need to be fitted with these.