1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

upgrade from stock tyres , suggestions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sameergoel77, Jan 16, 2014.

1. sameergoel77

sameergoel77 Novizio

delhi
    hello everyone , i had bought fiat 1.3mjd dynamic on 12.01.14, the stock tyres are of jk tornado 165/r14. after reading reviews for quite a long time , i feel 165 are not good enough and 185/r14 would be good choice. so guys could you help me out in deciding to go for which company tyres.how are apollo aceleres . suggestions are needed urgently as still i have driven 55 km . and would change my stock tyres on 19.01.14.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    185/70 r14 is best size to replace.
    Apollo Accelere is good tyre.
    If you are looking for comfort, buy Michelin. For all rounder, check Bridgestone MY02 or Yoko A Drive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  3. sameergoel77

sameergoel77 Novizio

delhi
    ty sir, mostly it would be city driven in delhi sometimes on highway.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Sameer,

As Ravi has rightly given the options to choose, I think you should go for the Apollo Acceleres. They are rugged tyres but are noisy. If comfort and low road noise is concerned, then opt for Michelin XM2.
    1 person likes this.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    My 2 cents on Michelin primacy lc ony tjet

positives: great comfort tyre, low noise, excellent wet grip
    cons: looks a bit smaaller than the equivalent size nct5, nct5 had more grip at high speeds on dry roads

go for Michelin only if you will drive on proper roads, otherwise go for Appollo as suggested above
  6. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Stock tyres are 165/80 R14, if upgraded to 185/70 R14, will that not affect the ground clearance??
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No. As the overall tire size remains the same.

Cheers.
  8. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upgraded my GP tyres yesterday to Bridgestone turanza 185/70 R14
    3 people like this.
  9. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    Apollo Accelere Tyres make loud noise on roads... Suffered lot bec'z of same...
  10. sameergoel77

sameergoel77 Novizio

delhi
    ty ghodlur , speedjet , imteeyaz , gurjinder and ashish for the replys and the help . changed stock tyres to Bridgestone turanza 185/70 R14 , paid 6500 more for these tyres.

- - - Merged Post - - -

i feel punto is going left side when i leave the steering. done the wheel balancing at the time of changing tyres and it was going left with the stock tyres too . what could be the problem friends?