1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Upgrade for head light

Discussion in 'Technical' started by srkpatta, Dec 14, 2015.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @limraj I have changed stock osram bilux to xtremevision plus in my punto. It is H4 single bulb in a punto evo but in linea it is H7 for high and H1 for low if I'm right.

Just go ahead with your plan to purchase xtremevision plus. I did two full night drives with new bulbs during my recent mumbai trip. It is far superior and throws better than stock bulbs.
    Do check retailer in your area from philips website for buying at cheaper price than online. I bought @ Rs.600/piece against online price of Rs.800 a piece.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @KPR Thx for the confirmation.
    I checked with local Philips authorised retailer and they say EV+ has not started being imported to India.
    I ordered through Amazon. H1 - 635₹, H7 - 795₹. Total 2860 for 4 bulbs.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    KPR likes this.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Initially when I went to philip's retailer here in Trichy the salesman said that it is EV and not sure if EV+ available. Searched in their computer and went inside and after 10 mins came out with EV+. The salesman couldn't believe what he had inside his store. Normally a retailer don't just sell just bulbs/electricals but are a wholesaler in their respective town/cities and they are not aware of EV+. I remember he was getting repeated calls from Chennai for want of parts of various brands as cars are repaired there due to floods.
    limraj likes this.
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Guys please dont install HID direct to your reflectors , it may hurt the oncoming vehicles. And specifically if you want to Actually use HID then use projectors.
    1) If you are in a budget
    Upgrade to better bulbs/Better Watts bulb
    2) If you want better output , Vitamin M is not the issue then you can buy quality projector setup at starting 25k+installation.
    Here are the details

Morimoto India
    M.G.road ,Delhi 110030 , Delhi, null 110030
    P: 9599579579
    E: Morimoto.india@gmail.com

I can provide some more details if people are choosing second option as even I am using it .

1) FXR - has the best output-25k
    2) D2S- has the second best output with better high beam throw - Roughly25k
    3) Mini H1- has the third best output with better low beem cut - Roughly 22k

All comes with 2 years of warranty

upload_2016-2-2_15-30-7.png
    upload_2016-2-2_15-30-28.png
    H1 High.png
    H1 low.png
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  5. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    @limraj: Phillips EV+ is very well available in India and I have them for 2 months now. The throw is superior and vision has definitely improved. You can go on the Phillips home page and check out the authorized dealers / re sellers.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @Dhruv_Sappers As in my earlier post, the local distributor does not have EV+, but offered EV.
    I have, hence, ordered EV+ through Amazon and hope to fit them by early next week.
  7. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Are these bulb whitish or yellow. In few cities, these white light act as magnet for traffic cops