1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Upgrade for head light

Discussion in 'Technical' started by srkpatta, Dec 14, 2015.

1. srkpatta

srkpatta Novizio

Secunderabad
    Having grand punto 1.3. Multi jet.
    Can I upgrade the head light ? If so kindly give your advice
  2. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Hi! Please mention a little more details on what exactly do you want? We can then provide more relevant suggestions.
  3. srkpatta

srkpatta Novizio

Secunderabad
    Lighting is vey poor while driving on heighways,unable to view clearly. Do we have any provision for better lighting ?
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I need to change for my Punto 90 HP too. I would like to change the stock headlamps. They throw pathetic at 0,1,2 & 3 positions. I switch on front fog lamps for additional light. Can I change bulbs? How about warranty? I have read several discussions wherein heating up by using upgraded lights. Kindly recommend good pair of bulbs to replace w.o affecting warranty. Service guy here said a strict NO for upgrade.
  5. srineevaas

srineevaas Timido

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Same problem , Please suggest.
  6. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    There are a few paths you can go from here:

1) Upgrade to better bulbs - You can upgrade to better bulbs like Philips CrystalVision or X-tremeVision. These would be bulbs with the same wattage and a direct Plug N Play. These bulbs provide a better beam and throw than the stock bulbs. Just get the bulbs and you are good to go.
    2) Upgrade to higher wattage halogen bulbs - You can upgrade to higher wattage bulbs with 90/110 W or 100/130 W. You would need a relay, wiring harness and ceramic holders for these bulbs. These bulbs provide a much better beam and throw than the stock bulbs. However, the downside is the higher heat. These bulbs produce a much higher heat and there is a possibility of damage to the headlight lens or relflector due to high temperatures. Do not use stock holder with these bulbs.
    3) Upgrade to HID - This is possibly the best solution. Upgrade to the H4 HIDs, which should be a direct fit. Get a good branded, possibly Philips, HID conversion kit and replace the stock bulbs with HID. Don't bother with projectors, for now. If, after the upgrade you feel the need and are not satisfied with the light, then you can get the projectors. Go for a 35W H4 HID Conversion kit with a color temperature of no more than 6000K. The best are 4300K(daylight) or 6000K(white). Any higher temperature is very blue and is not of much use in headlights, apart from the bling factor.

Hope this helps.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    How about warranty if I opt for 1 or 3? Will there be any dispute from dealer side? I don't want any FASC guys attribute any electrical problem which may occur to this change of light or any new error indicator in my MID. Just a re-assurance if I opt for (1) or (3).
  8. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    I do not think warrant will be an issue with 1) as they are the same wattage
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 16, 2015 ---
    I am going for the H4 extremevision myself too.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    mathuranuj likes this.
  9. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    With 1) Definitely No issues with warranty as you are only replacing the bulb and that too with same wattage.

With 3) The dealer may cite some issues with warranty but, I think, as long as no wires are cut, you should stand your ground and there should be no issues with warranty. Try to clarify with dealer or over an email with Fiat.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3