1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Upgradation of punto active

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by lotanipara, Feb 8, 2013.

1. lotanipara

lotanipara Timido

Bhubaneswar
    Can following things be installed as OEM from authorised showroom?
    1-cabin light as in dynamic variant
    2-boot lamp
    3-front fog lamps
    4-passenger side sunvisor with vanity mirror
    5-2nd horn
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    I hope all of them doable but not sure about 1st one what is diff. b/w dynamic and active's cabin light.
    If possible please post the pics of both.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The wiring harness would be different between these models. There will be place holders for all the components you are talking about, but there will be no wiring. Replacement of the wiring harness is a laborious task and requires the car to be ripped apart. Pulling the required wires without replacing the harness can be done.

However, I am quite sure that ASS will rip you off and do a shoddy job. Do it outside and you loose warranty. Sounds like a no win situation to me.

Rajan
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2. i m also looking to replace that cabin light with that of linea's.. the difference is 2 orange LED's which i loved at night !! its an absolute beauty. nobody knows the price of that lamp alone..got to inquire. It is quite possible, dont think there ll be any change in wiring, just cut a little more portion of the panel on the roof and you can use the existing lights for the rear passengers like in linea :)
    2. chethansgangoor has infact done this, its cheap, there is provision for that lamp, you just need to do wiring, which you can do outside also..
    3.front fogs cost almost 5k including fixing charges, though each fog costs only 1650 or so. you ll need fog lamp holders which ll be a couple of hundreds, then if possible try to get the switch panel of fog lamp(above the fuse box on the right edge of the dashboard) found in emotion. i dont know hw much that cost, that ll give the stock look, where you can connect the switch for boot lamp also , in one of the empty switches.
    5.Its hard to get one horn of the dual horns of hella , upgrade to better ones, would cost you only arnd 500 for any good pair.

@rajan, nowadays most of electricians doesnt cut wires, so losing of warranty is out of question . many a time, power is taken from existing wire using the help of some clip or so, so no need to cut the wire. in all cases, if you make sure to add a fuse, there is no risk of burning up all electricals.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  5. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    I have got 3rd and 5th done. Fog lamps with installation cost 5000/- and horn 460/- . And all in warranty no wire cut.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Splicing the wire, adding a clip to get power from the existing wire are all the same thing as cutting the wire. You see, wire cutting was done in the past, but now the same effect is achieved by other means. The whole point of warranty getting void is due to the fact that it is easy to overload the circuit by piggy backing other devices, by tapping into existing sources.

Agree with the fuse bit. It is absolutely necessary.

Rajan
  7. lotanipara

lotanipara Timido

Bhubaneswar
    Did you install stock OEM fogs with switch?Where you put the switch in dash?
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    1-cabin light as in dynamic variant -
    A: I don't see any difference in Active and dynamic variants, you can look for Linea lights as an upgrade..
    2-boot lamp
    A: Boot lamp can be fixed either at ASS or near by shop easy job
    3-front fog lamps
    A: Not possible to get at ASS because wiring has to be done and will void warranty if wires are burn't, can take risk and get it done outside
    A: easily available near by car acc shop
    5-2nd horn
    A: provision is there can fix it with relay and switch or can replace it with new set again from a car acc shop ..
  9. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Yes OEM fogs and switch is placed in right hand side. switch.JPG
  10. I am done with

1-cabin light as in dynamic variant
    2-boot lamp
    3-front fog lamps
    5-2nd horn

The passenger side sunvisor was a diy job. Had a small mirror used by my daughter , applied super glue and stick to the visor - done :p

Has any one tried installing a Linea cabin light in Punto Active?

- - - Merged Post - - -
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013