1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Update Blue&Me™ to version 8 – Grande Punto 2013

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by narenvaidee, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Anup: Unplug the battery terminal and leave it for few mins and then reconnect. This generally reboots/resets blue & me, try if this helps.
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No @Viny,tried that, was left with re setting Dat/Time again..... I am searching for Version 7, once I get that I will try reloding version 7 and see.

But this is crazy, I had downloaded Version 8, English version, how on Earth did it become Italian, so perhaps this could help older Punto/Linea owners to be aware of such a thing.
    Even the English Language update did not help, it's giving USB:10 error..... :rage:
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Anup, does this problem resolved?

I got the same problem when I was updating Blue&Me to 8.0. In first attempt, update failed with USB 10 error and all communication started in Italiano. To overcome this, I was checking with what is current language under My car menu. To my surprise it was english but all response from system was in Italiano.

I then changed Language to Italiano. Tried giving command using windows key from steering control. This time I heard very long message in Italiano again. Then I tried with changing the language again to english. This time it resulted in installation of English language pack. Once installation done, responses from system was in English. :)

I hope this will help you. Please let me know if you need additional details.
    Anup and mchanna like this.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well I don't know how to say this but a Miracle happened last night... I got my B&Me box updated to ver 8... God knows how.
    Not only I got to hear "Completed" in English, I got the latest version installed. I did a test where in I ran the config file on the B&Me box and uploaded on the web, I got a pop up stating no further upgrades are available.
    I really have no clue as to how on Earth did this happed.

:D:):p
    MakeTheMove and rajks like this.
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulation to you and Kudos to Microsoft!!!
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot dude, but seriously how did your Language pack work, I have not just tried but also downloaded the Language pack 3 times and all the 3 times all I could see was the Famous USB:10 error.
    I am trying to highlight this issue to any poential B&Me upgrader so that they have a handy quick fix guide with them or else learn italian :wacky:
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I am not sure about this but I continued with the same installable I used to install new version.
    But when I heard Italiano, it reminded the issue you faced. :)
    Anup likes this.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
  9. Akash Sood

Akash Sood Timido

Indirapuram
    Updated the version of Blue&Me to 8 yesterday, thanks for the info.

But now when i try to pair my phone, the pins 0000 or 1234 doesnt work? What pin did you use after the update.
  10. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @narenvaidee , thanks for spoon feeding buddy. I was facing issues with Blue&me recognizing my commands off late. One connected the calls were perfect, but dialing was a big issue and even the voice commands were screwed up.

This was the first update after 2011. Why fix until broken policy. Now after the latest update, its working like a charm when tested for a couple of minutes.

@Akash Sood , the MID will show you the pin and you need to enter that pin in your mobile to pair it.