1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Update Blue&Me™ to version 8 – Grande Punto 2013

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by narenvaidee, Aug 4, 2014.

1. narenvaidee

narenvaidee Timido

chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Disclaimer: I had originally posted this on my blog Ubiquitense. I got quite a few queries from people that said they won't download from an unknown source (i.e. from my dropbox account). So, modifying the piece that will enable everyone to download directly from www.blueandme.net. Hope this helps! Also, as a result of this operation, I don't take responsibility if someone hacks your blueandme, and takes control of your car. OK?

Grande Punto.JPG

If you own a Grande Punto in India, especially, one of those 2013 models that look like the one in the picture above, there’s good news! You can now update your Blue&Me™ to the most current version – version 8.

Now, to the actual steps required to download the correct blueandme file:
    1. Go to www.blueandme download page
    2. Choose 'car model' from the drop down menu
    3. Click on 'start update' under the 'Download Blueandme Updates' box
    4. Download the blueandmeconfigurator.zip file on to your computer, unzip and transfer contents to an empty USB pen drive formatted in FAT32
    5. Follow the instructions in the pdf that comes inside the blueandmeconfigurator.zip
    6. Once your car downloads the info on to the USB, you should have a file named BMConf.xml

Your BMConf.xml should read something like the following:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><BlueAndMeInfo>  <CarType>Grande Punto</CarType>  <Configuration>97FC0</Configuration>  <BDaddr>12306_20_2369</BDaddr></BlueAndMeInfo>

1. Now go to the blueandme.net website, and upload the file (just at that page from where you downloaded the blueandmeconfigurator.zip file)
    2. You should be taken to the download page that looks like the one below

grande punto update.png

For Linea, it should look like the one below

linea.png

So, just download, unzip, transfer it to your usb (I formatted again in FAT32, as I don't trust Fiat's moody USB system) and take it to your love (car). Follow the instructions on the PDF that's inside the zip file.

IMPORTANT: READ NOW

When the update started in my Grande Punto, the console displayed ‘UPDATING’ and it disappeared after a few seconds. I was a little confused as to whether the update is in progress or it got interrupted mid-way. However, after waiting for a couple of minutes or so, I saw the console display ‘INSTALLING’ and then went blank in a second or so. Later, after nearly 2 minutes, I could see the display flashing ‘COMPLETED’.

installing blue&me.JPG

blue&me complete.JPG

In short, you need to have a lot of patience. Don’t fiddle around with the controls when the update is happening.

What’s new with the update: Well, I don’t see anything new. It’s still the same Microsoftish junk of a software. However, it feels good to have the latest version of Blue&Me™ on our beloved Grande Punto.

Cheers!
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for putting details here Naren.
  3. openguru

openguru Timido

Bangalore
    Thank you.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks n I saw this blog post year on FMC FB page. I'll do it asp.
  5. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    What r the changes did u find after updating to ver 8

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk
  6. narenvaidee

narenvaidee Timido

chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well, I don't find any big changes. Before the update, most of my pen drives weren't getting detected, and now after the update, it's able to detect most (not all) USB drives. Someone mentioned to me that they're now able to charge iPhone/iPod after update - I can't verify though. Also, one more thing is the voice command resolution is much better - earlier I had to shout or repeat more than once :)
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    But whether it updates to ver. 8 directly or it has to be done in steps. i.e fro 5 to 6 to 7 to 8.

Sent from MY GP
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like this version 8 updates is to only support newer versions of Pen/USB drives and bug fixes perhaps.
  9. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    May i know what is the B&Me version for 2012 models? since mine is 2012 and shall i try this latest version ?
    Hammad Khan likes this.
  10. karthik_r

karthik_r Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Naren,

I just tried to do the BNM V8 update , My punto says that its updating but after come time I get in to error code - 10 "Please check the contents and try again".
    I am not sure what is the current version of my BNM. Could you pls help