1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Update 75bhp to 90bhp is it possible?

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by teja8784, Sep 23, 2014.

1. teja8784

teja8784 Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi, i wanted to know if we can upgrade from 75bhp to 90bhp on my curent punto Emotion (2012 model).....
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Easiest option is to remap your car :).
  3. Bhushan Pawar

Bhushan Pawar Timido

Ranjangoan 412210
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upgrading engine from 75hp to 90hp (exactly the Fiat way) in aftermarket is very very difficult. Major known difference to aam junta in both engines is VGT (Variable Geometry Turbo) & FGT (Fixed Geometry Turbo). But apart from that, there are many other differences that are extremely difficult to be done/modified/added in aftermarket work/garage. To give you idea about complexity of this job, I am listing here some of the differences that will need to be taken care.

· 75hp & 90hp engines have different Fuel Injection pump & different Common Rail System which operate at different fuel pressure i.e. higher fuel pressure in case of 90 hp

· More power from same CC engine means higher operating temperatures & thus requirement of better cooling. 90 hp engine has different oil pump operating at higher oil pressures to care of higher cooling requirement. This calls for different High pressure oil hoses, thermostat & different oil cooler (having bigger Heat Exchanger).

· Different Pistons: 90 ps engine has pistons with oil galleries/pockets at bottom (beneath combustion face) for better piston cooling.

· Last but not the least ECU mapping of 75 ps & 90 ps is different.

· Other parts which are different include wiring harness, engine timing gears, intake manifold, catalytic converter, drive chain , vacuum pump & some mounting brackets for respective parts.

So if you have deep pockets to buy above mentioned parts & you are lucky enough to find expert mechanic then you can look forward to it. :)

Otherwise, as mentioned by Ravi go for remap. Best Luck.
    pronoy_banerjee and asimpleson like this.