1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unsent Text message on phone reminds of dangers of texting while driving

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by amit, Apr 13, 2013.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The family of a University of Colarado student have released a picture of his phone with an unsent text message that he had typed before crashing his car. He later died at a hospital.

The picture is a chilling reminder of the danger's of texting while driving. We are all guilty of this. Let's try and control our urge to be constantly connected with our friends & family. Better to communicate a little late then them having to receive a call from the cops or the hospital informing of news that will change their lives forever.

Source: CTV News.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
    4 people like this.
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

I've bumped into the back of a Meru cab once reading a text while in stop and go traffic. It was a small nudge, but was enough to prove that texting draws more attention to the small screen than speaking via the bluetooth.
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    @ Amit" Good share mate.

@ Caffeineam: I don't usually reply while driving but can't resist the urge of reading one. My B&M doesn't read messages from android. I would try to overcome my resist after reading your experience.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    There is an option to readout your text message and voice text your sms in phones hope this will be good if used with bluetooth device in cars when driving.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Texting is the most dangerous than speaking on phone and especially on the touch screen mobiles. Even while trying to dial a number i see my friends swaying on the road left and right. Also once on phone the driver forgets whats going around, how is he driving, where is the attention etc etc.
    1 person likes this.
  6. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The dangers of texting while driving are brought out nicely in this sign:

4 people like this.