1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 93000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

55555 Kms in 557 Days. It was a coincidence that this happened @ 22:22 Hrs when I was returning from office.

During the last check-up before the Monsoon drive, Strut/Elastic pad on the Front suspension(Left and Right) were replaced under warranty. Otherwise nothing much to report.
    prabhjot, Ganges, PradeepM and 2 others like this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Thank You Arun,

Its pleasing to see those five 5's, your thread constantly keeps echoing in my mind as reassurance on my decision smile.gif .
    Also in an offline discussion with a Punto owner from Hyderabad, I recall he mentioned that the warranty on suspension is only upto 30K however from your update I see that its beyond that. Kindly add your feedback on the warranty limitations related to suspension.

3. vinit

vinit Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Five 5s and Four 2s is too much of a coincidence :)
    arun_josie likes this.
  4. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Agree. Even I noticed it only just before the click.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Quick update:

ODO has now crossed the 58K mark and is @ 58401 Kms.

This squeaking sound is resolved now, I have monitored this for 4K Kms now and it has not reappeared. This was an intermittent issue but was an irritating one. Vecto Motors took 2 attempts to resolve this issue. But still a good job, I would say, especially considering the nature of the issue.
    Amit Rox and PradeepM like this.
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

1) Bangalore - Chikmagalur - Bangalore:

Total Kms: 670.
    FE in MID: 15.7
    Avg Speed: 36Kms.
    Cars: XUV500, Ritz, Getz and Linea.
    Total 5 families.

It was a splendid drive and an awesome trip. Planning for a TL(hopefully!), so will update more information there.

It was a simple drive to Chikmagalur, a peaceful stay in a home stay with a challenging drive to Mullayanagari peak thrown in for good measure.

2) Also, done with the 60K servicing after this trip which I will update soon.

Now some random pics,

Ravi and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  7. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

60000 Kms Service Update:

I was prepared for a bigger bill this time as this is a major service which also includes the timing chain replacement.
    • I was expecting a bill of around 21K.
    • I was also little concerned about the timing chain replacement as this a major
    work and needs to be done with perfection.

Initially, I thought of taking the car to Sai Service, Salem as I was hearing very positive feedback's about them but then decided against it and booked the appointment with Vecto Motors.

I called the SA a day before to make sure that I am getting the car same day after the service, but he was not very sure as timing chain replacement is also included.

Next day, I gave the car in by 8:45 AM and decided to wait even if I am not getting the car same day. They immediately put the car in a bay and started the work. And to my surprise, they gave back the car by 4:00 PM after doing the complete 60K servicing and a clean wash.
    • Clutch, still on stock. I was little worried after the mullayanagiri drive as I experienced the clutch burning smell once.
    • Brake Pad, it’s on the second set which was changed at 27K. So, current one is at 34K now.
    • Tyres, I am on the second set which I changed at 35K Kms.
    • Wipers, changed both the wipers for the first time during this service. It was not doing its job, So I requested to change.

The total bill came to 22299/- (Initially it was 23161 /-, there was a entry of 862/- by mistake)

Here is the bill details, tax included on each item.

• I could have avoided WA/WB, but went ahead with it to keep the warranty intact.
    • I gave a go ahead for brake cleaning due to some sound while braking.
    • Skipped fuel filter as it was changed at around 52K.

After Service:
    • While delivery, the coolant was well below the level and the SA promptly topped it up. And informed me that this happens after coolant replacement.
    • I had to top-up the coolant again after a week/750 Kms, it had come down a little.
    • Close to 2K Kms done after the service and all looks fine.

Vecto Motors - They have done a Superb job, I would say. Overall, I was happy with this 60K Servicing. Yes, I would have loved to have the bill on the lower side smile.gif
    Also, I thought they might push for Clutch, Brake pad change etc, but they didn't.

Brake pad @34K usage:

Ready for delivery,

Current ODO has gone past 61000 Kms.
    Ravi, ghodlur and PradeepM like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

You never fail to amaze me with your travelogues and pics. Keep driving man, you and your Linea are kind of made for each other.

I think the 60K servicing prices have increased, I had read on the forum from few owners of being charged 18-19K for the same service. So was the timing chain also replaced?? Any reason for replacing the fuel filter earlier than scheduled. Pls post the pic of the bill, I guess you missed it.
    arun_josie likes this.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Thanks ghodlur for your very kind words!

Yes, I missed to update the complete details.

Fuel filter was replaced at 39K before the uttrakhand drive(instead of 45K). So, the 15K cycle has changed.
    I could have reduced the bill by opting out of WA/WB and Brake Cleaning. But I decided otherwise.
    punto_emotion likes this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    In my last servicing, SA was insisting me on this, though I declined (I didn't had any sound :)).
    This is normal. Some old details here - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/post-your-engine-coolant-queries-here.3021/.
    arun_josie likes this.