1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Sure, I will put a detailed update after the trip.
    As per the current plan, stay is at Mumbai, Udaipur, Agra, Delhi, may be Kausani, Nainital, Jaipur, and couple of stops yet to be decided.
  2. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Road trip plan to Nainital/Kausani and Complete Servicing:

So, finally a long road trip happening towards North in a week's time. Preference was always Leh/Ladakh but with a 2Y and 7Y old , we thought that would be too much. Hence, decided to drive to Nainital, Kausani and places around.

With 39K on the ODO, decided to do a complete servicing before this trip. Previous servicing was done at 27.5K.

Brake Pad Check:
    Brake pad after 12k usage, looks in good shape hence didn't go for a replacement.

Brake Pad.jpg

Brake Pad2.jpg

Lower Arm(left):
    There was a cut in the lower arm(left), hence it was replaced under warranty.

Lower arm1.jpg

Lower arm2.jpg

Few spare parts for the drive purchased from Vecto:

Engine Oil - 1L
    Coolant - 1L
    Air Filter - 1
    AC Filter -1
    Few Fuses
    Few Bulbs

Vecto Motors, Mysore Road:
    Vecto Motor, Mysore road. Very spacious unlike the the Singasandra branch which is bit cramped for space. Since I gave a heads-up regarding my long drive, the store manager was there around checking each and every checks. I was very satisfied with their work.

Vecto_MysoreRoad.jpg

Pending Issues:

1) A tak-tak sound from the driver seat while going over speed breaker or uneven roads. Its a railing issue. Vecto to get back.
    2) Battery was weak. Hence they have sent it to Exide for test. Currently,the car is running on back-up battery given by Vecto. They will get back to me by Monday. Most probably, the battery will be replaced.

Wheel Alignment and Balancing @ Madhus:
    Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing done at Madhus. I went early on saturday to avoid the rush, the boys did a superb job as usual. There was a slight left pull for the last two weeks which seems to be resolved now.

Madhus1.jpg
    Madhus2.jpg

For this trip, we are taking the Mumbai, Gujarat, Rajasthan route and return would be through MP, Pune. I will be carrying the FASS numbers present in this route, but if any of you have any good reliable contacts in FASS on this route, then please PM me.

And the click at 39K,

39K.jpg
    PradeepM, pabhishek and prabhjot like this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Arun you and your baby are always on the roll . Keep it going buddy, drive safe and we would egarly wait for a lot of pictures for us to drool over on your return.
  4. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks pradeep. Sure, will come up with a travelogue after this trip.
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore-Nainital-Bangalore, Midway trip update:
    Route: Bangalore-Pune-Mumbai-Surat-Baroda-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Jaipur-Agra-Noida/Delhi-Nainital
    Total Kms: 3116
    FE: 18.8 (It was 19.8 till Mumbai)
    Avg Speed: 53 Km/H
    Total travel time:57H and 59M

Stuck for 2H:45M at Bharuch Narmada river bridge traffic. Huge traffic on the alternate ankleshwar route as well.
    Also got stuck in Udaipur traffic on a very narrow road for more than 30mins

Drive has been superb throughout this journey!

Taking some well deserved rest after 3116 Kms :)

20150423_073011-Optimized.jpg

20150422_203416-Optimized.jpg

20150422_203427-Optimized.jpg

20150422_203442-Optimized.jpg

20150422_203452-Optimized.jpg
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    arun_josie likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @arun_josie

Finally you have completed the trip, how was the entire journey? Did you drive alone? Would asking a separate travelogue for the trip be OK? I am sure you may have lots of things to share.
    arun_josie likes this.
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Hey..trip is not yet over. That was a midway trip update. Currently we are in Nainital and planning to return tomorrow.
    Sure, will come up with a travelogue.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    At Kanyakumari after covering 6948 Kms crossing 9 states. 680 Kms more to go before the vacation ends which will make the total distance covered to around 7700 Kms. Overall it has been an awesome experience so far.

KK1.JPG

Crossed the below milestones during this drive.

40K.JPG

41K.JPG

42K.JPG

43K.JPG

44K.JPG

45K.JPG

46K.JPG

All 4s:

44444.jpg
    Saket Sidana, prabhjot and pabhishek like this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arun ,
    3 days 3k kms , amazing man.Seems like with you , your linea as well is on Steroids.That's a Marathon run.
    Great going.