1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Great one year ownership experience @arun_josie.

So whats your schedule of replacing oil? Is it 7.5K kms as some TFIians do or is it the regular 15k kms?
  2. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks ghodlur!

I am planning to go the 7.5K way. Even otherwise my schedule has got disturbed because of an early 30K Servicing. Due to a long drive, 30K servicing was done at 27.5K. So, I am planning to do the oil change at around 36K and then at 45K.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Another 2K added to the ODO.

34k-optimized-jpg.77463.jpg

35k-optimized-jpg.77464.jpg

A trip to my home town and back(1355.5Kms), overall FE was 19.4, speed maintained was around 100-110 and an occasional sprint. AC was set @ 21 degree during most part of the journey. While returning, there was a major traffic jam near hosur which took around 30mins to clear.

t3-optimized-jpg.77467.jpg

t4-optimized-jpg.77468.jpg

t5-optimized-jpg.77469.jpg

Also, just before this journey the cigarette lighter/mobile charging point was not working, I thought it was an issue with the charger. When we started the journey, the iPod connected to the USB port also was not working. Hence,dropped in at Vecto Motors since we were still on NICE road, these guys quickly found that the fuse has blown and replaced it immediately, overall it took around 5-10 minutes only.

Couple of weeks back, I went for the under body coating as well @3M.

To Dos:

- Replacing the tyres to Michelin 3ST
    - 3M mats

t1-optimized-jpg.77465.jpg

t2-optimized-jpg.77466.jpg
    PradeepM, pabhishek, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  4. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Few Updates:

1) Long pending 3M underbody treatment was done couple of weeks back.
    2) Did a Oil change along with Oil filter and Air filer change.
    3) And tyre replacement was done @ 35582 Kms. Replaced it to Michelin 3ST. I could have stretched the older ones till 40K Kms, but the tyre noise was increasing and also two punctures during the last one month.

Older one:

All 4 tyres had worn out equally.

TyO1-Optimized.jpg

Michelin 3ST

Ty1-Optimized.jpg
    Ty2-Optimized.jpg

Ty3-Optimized.jpg
    Ty4-Optimized.jpg
    Ty5-Optimized.jpg

Ty6-Optimized.jpg

Yet to go on a long drive after the tyre change, but my initial impressions are positive.
    - The tyre noise has come down drastically.
    - The thud sound while going over pot holes has also disappeared to a big extent.
    - Feeling comfy as the tyres are not hard like the good years.

M1-Optimized.jpg

36K-Optimized.jpg
    pabhishek and ghodlur like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @arun_josie

Good the see the odo always in motion.

How much the tyres and anti rust treatment cost? Did you get any exchange for the old tyres. The old tyres seem to have had gone bald, any reason for it?
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    They didn't go that bald, i think its due to the angle of photo. But, I could have done at least another 4K-5K Kms.

Michelin 3ST Tyres cost me 9200/tyre.
    Antirust treatment was done at 3M HSR layout, I will check the bill and will update you the price details later.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Arun you are always on the roll and so is your thread .
    Congratulations !!! on all those safe miles on the odo and information like this gives me some peace of mind on the ownership of the car.
    Keep it coming as it surely helps many folks like me , Thank you.
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for your kind words, Pradeep. Sure, will keep this thread up to date.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Arun, I envy that you get to drive so much on the highways and that is some serious distance you have covered in a year, AWESOME! :Applause:

Those Primacy 3's are the quietest tyres you can lay your hands on and they perform good in all the other aspects too. You will discover more of these tyres on your first highway drive and I am sure that is not going to be too long at the rate you are going. :joyful:
  10. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on performing on two fronts - driving and maintaining this thread so well! Really enviable and impossible to match.

I have same BNW Linea 1.3 Emotion, 2012 model, but done only ~30 k so far. I was able to maintain its coat by weekly washing at home. What do you do to maintain it?

Recently, I found fine, black spots on the body surface that don't go by normal washing. Recently, after a stay of 2 weeks in FASC for oil-heat-exchanger work, it came back with these. FASC agreed to attend to this, but I doubt their capability. During those days of trials there, it had rained in Indore a lot and that locality is dominated by heavy transport activity and maybe the mud sprayed on the car had oil etc in it. At FASC, they wash only with water. With painstaking, careful efforts, the spot may go, but what is the best way? We don't have a 3M outlet here and the persons posted at FASC by 3M, I don't want to rely upon.

Any advice?

Ravi_M
    Indore