1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks ghodlur!! Yeah some time really irritates when the tolls are not in multiples of 5/10.
    Black spot is nothing but the dust gathered in the fuel spill.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @arun_josie

You sir are THE 'highwayman'! At this rate of mile-mulching, Fiat should be lining you up as their mjd Linea customer numero uno! Who better to appreciate (or otherwise) the Linea diesel? :)

cheers to you, your kids and the lovely white Linea
    arun_josie likes this.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thank you, Prabhjot. I'm sure there are other 'highwaymen' in this forum as well. :)
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @arun_josie, thats some highway running the car is doing. Whats the odo at now?

Has the smoking issue been resolved? Sorry, could not get in touch with you on this.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Krishna...Hit the 30K mark today :). I will update the details later including the 30K Servicing.
    The smoke issue was one time occurrence I think. The turbo has been checked for leakages and all is fine. Also, I am not facing the slight power loss at 2K RPM any more.

No problem mate, we will meet some time.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 24, 2014 ---
    30K Service Update:

And my Linea has hit the 30K mark today in 326 days/10 months and 23 days.

30K-Optimized.jpg

Here is the 30K servicing details which was done in advance due to my long drive schedule.

I have just mentioned the major items here,

Brake Pad: 3290/-
    Fuel Filter: 2059/-
    Engine Oil: 1980/-
    Wheel Alignment/Balencing: 1035/-
    Consumables: 750/-
    Wind Sheild Shampoo: 450/-
    Oil Filter: 411/-
    Filtering Element: 410/-
    Air Filter: 210/-

Total Bill: 11089/- (Including the brake pad change).

Regarding the bill, does the wind shield shampoo cost 450/-? I missed this before paying as I mistook it for the amount mentioned in the next row which was for a different item and much lesser in amount.

I didn't want to do the Wheel Alignment/Balancing but they informed me that not doing the wheel alignment means I am risking the Warranty.

Also,I reported the thick smoke/power loss(@2000RPM) issue which I faced during the Wayanad trip, they checked the turbo and updated me that all is well with the turbo.

The black strip/beading below the front wind screen was replaced under warranty as it was loosing its shape and colour.

My experience with Vecto was AVERAGE this time for the following reasons,

1) I wanted the Oil change and brake pad change done in my presence, but it didn't happen.(I clearly informed the SA that I have some workoutside and will be back in couple of hours and they can do the Brake pad change and oil replacement then, he agreed but by the time I came back they had changed both the items.)

2) Couple of rattling issues, but they were not attended. During the test drive he was maintaining that those sounds are from mud hitting the mud pad.

3) Provided the feedback to them when I received the feedback call but as expected I didn't receive any call back.

Probably, I will send an email to them which is more effective, I feel.

Here is the pics of the stock brake pad which was changed at 27500 Kms, any idea how much more KMs this would have lasted? FASS said its good for another 1500Kms, but I changed it due to the long drive schedule.

BrakePad1-Optimized.jpg

BrakePad2-Optimized.jpg

And here are few pics captured yesterday after a quick water wash.

DSCN5533-Optimized.JPG

DSCN5537-Optimized.JPG

DSCN5539-Optimized.JPG
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arun,

Congratulations,your beauty is mindblowing.

Within a year 30K Kms, you have a dragon horse.

Mine First year running in punto was 19K Kms, Second year 38K Kms, Third year 40K Kms.Currently on 1Lakh 22K Kms. will complete 4 years in March 2015.Love My Emotions with feel of Punto.
  7. Santhosh Rao

Santhosh Rao Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Arun,

First of all I would like to congratulate u on ur successful completion of 30k within a year. Seriously I would say u have a dragon horse

--- A mind blowing thread. I owned a Hyundai I 20 for two years. I crossed 42556 Kms in that. But I crossed 25k during the second year alone. Now exchanging it for an upgrade. I am waiting for my beauty (new linea). Reading the whole thread, I am very much excited abt my new beauty. Now itself I am planning for a long trip post arrival. Will begin a new thread soon.

Cheers,
    Santhosh.

This was the last pic I took before giving it off..!

image.jpg
    arun_josie and prabhjot like this.
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thank you, Ganges.

You've posted some great numbers too. Keep munching the miles!

Thank you, Santosh Rao. You will love your new car when it arrives. Congratulations and wishes for happy and safe miles in the new beauty.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Feb 1st - First Anniversary and 33Kms:

So, here I am after a blissful one year (and 33K Kms) of experience with my beloved Linea MJD. In simple terms, I should say it exceeded my expectations including my experience with Fiat and FASS.
    • Coming from 8 years of experience from Maruti(Top Seller for years) to Fiat (struggling at the bottom of the sales chart) was really a big decision. But, after an year of Linea ownership, I have no regrets with my decision and I am happy.
    • Prior to this ownership, like many others, even I used to blame on reliability/unfriendly FASS to stay away from Fiat. But, this experience has proved to be otherwise. Yes, they have a scope for improvement on quality control but its not as worse as being projected by many.
    Usage of Linea Vs my previous rides WagonR and Dzire. This graph is based on the number of days taken to cover every 1000Kms

KMs.jpg

FE - Avg Speed Vs MID Fig and Full Tank Method

FE1.JPG

FE - MID Fig Vs Full Tank Method

FE2.JPG

FE - City Only (Average Speed Vs MID Fig & Full Tank Method)

FE3.JPG

ODO Share

ODO.JPG

Average usage: 90.41 Kms/Day

Some numbers on Fuel Efficiency:

FE calculated full tank to full tank method:
    Overall average FE: 15.46
    Lowest FE: 12.88
    Highest FE: 19.94

FE from MID:

Overall average FE: 15.77
    Lowest FE: 13.4
    Highest FE: 21

During my drive Bangalore - Chennai, while entering the city the FE was 22.9.

AC is ON most of the times, at least 95%
    Almost all the refuels done at BP. Except very few in HP, especially when on highways.

Likes/Dislikes:

It’s already mentioned here

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/une...2013-25000-kms-up.12354/page-5#post-841921683
    • Something I would like to add is the rear seat comfort. I keep getting feedback from the rear seat passengers that the seat is very comfy despite average leg space. Even my sister who is used to the rear seat of the spacious Nissan Sunny commented that the rear seat is very comfortable.
    Servicing :
    First Service @ 4835 Kms:

It would have been Zero if not for the oil change which I opted for.
    Total cost: 2508

Second Service @ 14818 Kms:

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/une...ea-mjd-emotion-2013-25000-kms-up.12354/page-3

Third service @ 27434Kms: This was done ahead of the schedule due to a long drive

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/une...2013-25000-kms-up.12354/page-6#post-841926175

Issues faced/Parts changed under warranty:

• Battery was changed on the delivery day.
    • Front (right/left) shock absorbers replaced, it was giving some sound while going on rough patches.
    • Front Wind Screen replaced due to uneven finish on the borders with the sealant coming out.
    • Hand Brake was not working intermittently and hence replaced.
    • Rear right side door lock/latch was not locking/unlocking intermittently and hence replaced.
    • Twitter covers replaced on both the front doors due to colour mismatch
    Parts changed:
    • Brake pads were changed @27434 Kms, it was changed as a proactive measure due to a long drive. Else it would have gone for another 5-7K Kms.
    Unresolved Issues:
    • A rattling sound from the dashboard. This is an intermittent issue and happens only when the dashboard gets very hot(especially during summer). FASS is willing to replace the dashboard, but for now, I have kept them on hold because it’s been a while since this issue reoccurred, probably due to the cold winter.
    • A squeaking sound coming from somewhere near rear right door. This comes only on uneven roads especially when the rear tyres are on different level – Reported this to Vecto with the ODO around 22K, they said it will be taken care during the 30K servicing but they missed it. They have asked me to bring again at my convenience and assured that it will be taken care.
    Experience With FASS(Vecto Motors):
    • They don’t make any fuss about parts replacement under warranty for known issues or if they feel a replacement is required due to any parts defect.
    • They try to make sure that the issue is getting resolved no matter what.
    • At times, we may get some vague response as well. So, we should make sure that we are talking to the right person.
    • Overall, I am very happy with the service Vecto Motors.
    States Visited during by long drives:
    • Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana
    Overall I am happy and I hope this pleasurable experience with my Linea continues for years to come.

Some random pics,

T1-Optimized.JPG

T2-Optimized.JPG

T3-Optimized.JPG

T4-Optimized.JPG
    T5-Optimized.JPG

Hit the 33K milestone today,

T6-Optimized.jpg
    5u3zEr0, PradeepM, King CM and 2 others like this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That's one comprehensive log @arun_josie !!
    Great to know that it has exceeded expectations.:)

Happy mile munching!!