1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Awesome price. What is the ODO reading? Hope you have done a proper PDI.
  2. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes I did. The only thing worrying me is rust over disc brake plate inside alloy which we can see. But mechanic says nothing to worry about it will go once the vehicle will run on road. Rest all is good. My pdi includes exterior color, interior, all electricals, spare alloy tyre. I asked dealer to change engine oil which he agreed and did spontaneously. Rest all oil bucket were at their max level. This linea 2012 shows only gate open but didn't show which one that new linea do.

ODO says H 85km. Please tell me if I skipped something. I am not taking RSA as it is of no use as in warranty such services are covered by FIAT. Auto headlamps were working and all other things were bit fine except a hairline scratch at back door.

Driving diesel engine after maruti petrol engine gives an uneasy feeling. But once the needle touches 2k mark it shoots like an arrow. I had to keep the 3rd peddle soft.

And guys the white bird is in my home now. :cool::cool::cool::D:D

She looks stunning. Feelin excited

Regards,
    HIMANSHU
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore - Nagercoil - Coimbatore - Bangalore Trip update:
    Routes taken:

Bangalore - Nagercoil, the usual boring 4L
    Nagercoil - Coimbatore, took the Dindigul - Ottanchatram - Dharapuram route. From Dindigul it is a 2L State highway and it was real fun to drive on this route. Except for a few diversions and speed breakers, the road condition was excellent with few straight and winding stretches.

Coimbatore - Bangalore, again the usual 4L stuff. God only knows why NHAI decided to put speed beakers on the 4L road around Avinashi. At least 5-6 flyovers have speed beakers on the open 4L stretch.

Total Kms: 1911 (This also includes local runs in Nagercoil, Coimbatore, Nagercoil - Kovilpatti, Nagercoil - Kalliakavillai)
    Avg FE: 18.7 (MID), AC 100% ON
    Avg Speed: 53
    Duration: 35Hrs: 55Mins
    Speed: Ranges up to 125

20000 Kms:

Hit the 20K mark in 211 days(7 months).

Some Observation during this trip:

- Fuel inlet door doesn't close some times. Workaround is to pull the fuel lid opener near the driver seat and then push the fuel inlet door and release the fuel lid opener.
    - Rear left door locks/unlocks but the latch doesn't react when we locks/unlock using the remote.
    - My younger one dropped a CD inside the rear right door pane, through the space next to the glass window couple of weeks back and now this has started giving some rattling noise.
    - After turning OFF the AC, if we hit the OFF button again, the AC turns ON. I didn't know about this before.

Overall I am a satisfied owner despite some initial issues.

Here are some pics from this trip(mobile pics),

20140830_154302-Optimized.jpg 20140830_155240-Optimized.jpg 20140830_163827-Optimized.jpg 20140830_163848-Optimized.jpg 20140830_163913-Optimized.jpg 20140830_164037-Optimized.jpg 20140830_164224-Optimized.jpg

20K - Optimized.jpg
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Arun, you are munching miles very fast. The Linea is complimenting your need.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics. Do upload a few in the gallery section here - http://www.teamfiat.com/gallery/
    prabhjot and arun_josie like this.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    One more thousand added to my experience with this Italian beauty - We crossed 21000 yesterday.

21K-Optimized.jpg

Usage trend - Comparison with my previous rides WagonR, Dzire ZDI on reaching 21K Kms, Linea being the fastest to reach this milestone in 224 days.

Snap1.jpg

Here are some FE comparison with Dzire ZDI (Older version). Both cars were almost used on the similar routes/traffic conditions/driving style etc

Snap2.jpg Snap3.jpg
    Snap4.jpg

The FE data used for the above comparison are from the full-tank method only. Ex: During my Bangalore-Chennai trip, the MID figure was 22.9, however at this point I didn't do a full-tank. Full-tank method was calculated after few trips inside city and hence the FE based on this came down.

Overall Average FE of Linea is 15.17
    Overall Average FE of Dzire ZDI was 16.45

Planning to take the car for a complete check up and to attend the below minor issues,

- Rear left door locks/unlocks but the latch doesn't react when we locks/unlock using the remote.
    - Fuel inlet door doesn't close some time. Workaround is to pull the fuel lid opener near the driver seat and then push the fuel inlet door and release the fuel lid opener.
    - My younger one dropped a CD inside the rear right door pane, through the space next to the glass window a month back and now this has started giving some rattling noise.

When the engine is ON, is it possible to unlock the doors using key? I am able to lock but unable to unlock(this is only when the engine is ON). Any setting required for this?
    Ravi and nkrishnap like this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @arun_josie that quite a running! good graphs too, such is the beauty of Fiat, you wouldn't want to keep it parked for long.

Regarding your issues, the second one especially, Its same with me too. will get it checked in yearly(15K) service. :)
  7. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Very true, it just keeps us engaged with long drives.
    I am planning for a complete check @Vecto Motors, So will get these minor issues fixed during the checkup.
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Took my car to Vecto Motors, Hosur Road for the below issues,

1) To remove the CD dropped by my younger one between the window panel - Removed
    2) The rear left door latch was not working (lock/unlock was working through remote only) - Fixed
    3) Asked them to replace the air filter - They decided to clean it and put it back
    4) AC filter was cleaned
    5) Brake pad checked, it’s good for another 2-3K Kms.
    6) All oil levels checked and top-up done
    7) A sound coming from driver seat while going over bad roads/humps - Fixed (But I will have to monitor this for some more time to conclude whether it is completely fixed or not)
    8) A squeaking sound coming from somewhere near rear right door - This will be checked during my next visit as they need more time to look at this issue.

Total Bill Amount - ZERO
    I am satisfied with their work done. thumbs%20up.gif
    ODO is now close to 22K
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    The last bold statement are pleasure to see.
  10. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Did Bangalore - Mysore trip last saturday. Expected the traffic to be the worst due to Dussera but I think we got lucky.

Bangalore(Bannerghatta Road)-Mysore:
    Total Kms: 141
    Total Speed Breakers: 67(Counted from Mysore Road-NICE Road junction till Mysore Outer ring road).
    Time taken: 2:40 Mins (Running time)
    - We started from Bangalore around 6:30 AM

Mysore - Bangalore(Bannerghatta Road)
    Total Kms: 140.5
    Time taken: 2:55 Mins (Running time including waiting at toll)
    Started by 6:00 PM and reached by 9:00 PM
    - Traffic was heavy but the good thing was, it was free-flowing and there were no pile-ups.
    - Crossing NICE road entry toll took around 10mins due to a huge queue.

FE: 20.2 on MID.

Observation:
    The sound from driver seat is back, its only while going over a speed breaker or very bad potholes. Will check this with Vecto during my next visit.

All 2's

22222-Optimized.jpg
    ishlinea7260 and Ravi like this.