1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    15K Servicing

Second Free Service @ 15000 Kms:

Issues:
    1) I was hearing a sound(kind of Grrr) whenever I steer the car to the left or right at slow speeds (OR) medium speed + uneven road + left/right turn. Vecto Motors has seen this issue before in other cars and hence during this service they changed the steering rack under warranty. But still the issue is not resolved completely. Now, I hear this sound during sharp right turns only. Will take the car again to Vecto for this issue.

Meanwhile if anyone has seen this issue before or if you have any feedback on this please let me know.

2) There is a intermittent dash board noise (tiny pat-pat-pat sound with very minimum interval) which starts coming after 20-30Kms of drive. This noise doesn't occur if I pull the steering towards me.

As per Vecto Motors, this is a dash board rattling noise and hence they want to replace the dash board. However for now, I have put this on hold because, after steering rack replacement, I am yet to hear this sound. I will wait for couple of more weeks.

After Servicing:
    I could see a big difference in performance when compared to Day1, it’s much smoother and faster as well. As mentioned before, on highway its real fun to drive especially from 3rd gear onwards. Adding to that, it comes with excellent stability and feels much planted even with driver alone. And supreme build quality.

Vecto Motors:
    I am happy with their servicing.
    For the above mentioned dash board rattling noise, 3 of them came along with me for a test drive which took around 45 mins. It is a intermittent issue and you need patience to diagnose/work on these kind of issues which they showed.

Service Bill:

Engine Oil 1947
    Oil Filter 411
    Filtering Element 410
    Fuel Filer 2059
    Air Filter 210
    Plug 78
    Wheel Balancing 394
    Wheel Alignment 394
    80Gm Wheel Weight 109

Normally I do the Wheel Alignment/Balancing in Madhus but I missed to update the SA here and hence he went a ahead with this work.

Total bill with tax came to Rs. 6544
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Arun,

Excellent review. Good to see you clocking many Kms in such a short time. :)
    Today I took a TD of linea and found the steering to be harder compared to my punto 90hp. Wanted to know your inputs whether is it the same with you too. The TD vehicle had just covered 4K Kms. Could this because of the higher profile tyres and alloy?
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Vishi,
    As we discussed, steering was little hard for me before the second service. After service I don't see this issue. But yes, it could be little harder than punto due to the higher profile tyres. Experts can confirm.

By the way, have you booked the Linea?
  4. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Arun. Did lots of research and booked the new linea itself. Will start a separate thread soon. Again thanks for all the information you have given :)
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Kolli Hills drive from Bangalore

Kolli Hills Drive:

After two months of a dry spell,I decided to hit the road for a long drive and the destination was Kolli Hills. I had a couple of my friends for company. This trip was made just for the driving pleasure and nothing else. The only reason behind the destination was that its a new location to me. Thanks to team bhpian speedsatya for his suggestion.

I took the Namakkal route because I had to pick one of my friend for the drive and then drop him back as well.

Started from bangalore by 4:00 AM and returned to bangalore by 9:00 PM

Total KMs: 649.9(Bangalore - Salem - Namakal - Kolli Hills - Namakal - Salem(+10Km city drive) - Bangalore
    Overall FE: 19.9 (MID), 18.92 (Full Tank method)

Hill Driving FE:
    Total Kms: 71.3 (Kolli foot hills - drive on the hills - back to Kolli foot hills)
    Total harpinbends: 70(One way)
    FE: 15.6Kms, FE during the climb was 10.1(MID figs)
    Avg Speed: 23 Km/h
    Time: 3Hr 3Mins

Feedback on Linea:
    It was effortless while climbing the hill with 3 adults ranging between 80-90 kilos. I was able to take most of the harpin-bends on second gear except few times I had to shift down to 1st gear due to oncoming traffic. No issues even on the steep inclines. I am happy with the FE as well.

Few random pics from my mobile cam.

Congratulations on your New buy!!!

20140802_094822-Optimized.jpg

20140802_110257-Optimized.jpg

20140802_110418-Optimized.jpg

20140802_110429-Optimized.jpg

20140802_110452-Optimized.jpg

20140802_111350-Optimized.jpg

20140802_111701-Optimized.jpg

20140802_111829-Optimized.jpg

20140802_111857-Optimized.jpg

20140802_111914-Optimized.jpg

DSC_0339-Optimized.JPG
    7 people like this.
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    17K Kms

17000 mark in 6 months and 10 days.

17K-Optimized.jpg

FE comparison(City drive only) between my previous car DZire ZDI(prev gen), Linea MJD. Driving conditions are very similar with close to100% AC ON. FE calculated based on tankful-tankful method.

Blue line - Linea
    Red line - Dzire

Dzire_LineaFE.jpg

On an average the difference in FE between Dzire and Linea is around 1.5 Kml. The overall average FE for Dzire was 16.45Kml(74K+ Kms). For Linea it currently stands at 15.17Kml
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats some serious running arun!! Almost 100kms a day!! :eek:

Great Going!
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  8. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Arun,

Hi congs for the beauty. Please share the amount of discount u got. I have also booked linea old model.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, thanks to few long drives. And for the driving pleasure this car gives, it keeps me busy planning for long drives.

Congrats Himanshu!! The on road price was 10.25L which includes Zero depreciation policy + Extended warranty. Please keep in mind that this was before the excise duty cut and before the New linea launch as well. Whats the on road price for you?
    1 person likes this.
  10. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Mine is 2012 model so getting more discount. My OTR is 9 lacs including zero dep insurance + extended warranty.