1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Another quick visit to home town, this time a detour via Srivilliputhur to taste some delicious palkovas and to have some nice Non-Veg food at the famous Border Kadai on the Tenkasi-Sengottai road (Rahmath Parotta Stall). Overall it was around 60-70 Kms more than the standard route.

The detour is from Tirumangalam(Madurai) and goes via, Srivilliputhur - Rajapalayam - Puliyangudi - Tenkasi. And then via Alangullam - Tirunelveli - Nagercoil.

Tirumangalam(Madurai) - Tenkasi(140 Kms):

Throughout this route, its 2L and with trees on both the sides but very dry otherwise. The overall condition of the roads is mixed, excellent - good - average, I would say.

Here are few pics from this route,

1-Optimized.jpg

2-Optimized.jpg

3-Optimized.jpg

4-Optimized.jpg

Srivilliputhur Palkova biggrin.gif

5-Optimized.jpg

Kasi Vishwanath temple in tenkasi,

6-Optimized.jpg

Rahmath Parotta Stall,

7-Optimized.jpg

8-Optimized.jpg

Tenkasi - Tirunelveli:

The road condition is again mixed, good at some places and average otherwise. At some places it is very uneven. Better to maintain a speed of 60-70Kmph.

Few pics,

9-Optimized.jpg

10-Optimized.jpg

11-Optimized.jpg

On the way back to bangalore, police stopped us at Namakkal toll and removed our KA number plate due to ongoing Cauvery issue. It really felt weird driving without a number plate.

20161011_105606-Optimized.jpg

Overall trip distance: 1550.7 Kms
    FE: 18.7
    Avg Speed: 62
    Trip Duration: 24H: 59M

Service Update(95K Kms):

Previous servicing was done at 85K Kms, so decided to do a complete servicing/General Check-up and performed the below replacements as well,
    • Oil/Filter replacement
    • Air Filter replacement
    • AC Filter replacement
    • Fuel Filter replacement
    • Brake Cleaning(as brakes were not touched last 20K Kms)
    • AC duct Cleaning(Again this was never touched till date)
    • One puncture fix
    • Rear doors were checked for some sound
    • General Checkup
    - Tires are at 60K Kms now
    - Brake disc/rotor and pads will have to be changed in another 5K Kms or before that.

Overall bill amount including the scheduled servicing charges came to 9331.00. Vecto guys delivered the car in 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Rain-Sensing Wiper issue:

So, after three attempts to repair this issue, Vecto/Fiat has decided to replace the Windscreen. They claim that there is a small gap between the Rain-sensing holder and the Windscreen. And this is causing the issue. This holder is fixed along with the Windscreen and hence this requires a Windscreen replacement.

They will be replacing this under warranty and this proves that 1L Kms warranty is not an eye-wash smile.gif . Current ODO is at 94900 Kms .
    Now, I will have to find 2-3 days time to get this windscreen replaced.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
    Giridhar, Raaz, PradeepM and 7 others like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Beautiful 2 lanes roads there.

Get the windshield changed as it is being done under warranty, but ensure they do a correct job to ensure everything is alright.
    arun_josie likes this.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, the roads were good and more importantly, the traffic was very less.
    Regarding the winshield, sure will get a assurance from them while dropping the car for the replacement.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I remember the Madurai, Srivilliputhur, Rajapalayam, Kadayanallur, Tenkasi route when I did one and a half years back. Crossing Rajapalayam town was a nightmare that time. I dont know how it is now. It is a good route to go to Courtallam falls.
    Ahmed Mubeen likes this.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    I think we crossed Rajapalayam around 11:30 AM and didn't face any traffic issue. It was a breeze through all the towns on the way. Maybe this is not Courtallam season and hence the traffic was less.
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    95K on the ODO,

20161018_123841-Optimized.jpg

Also, I got the windscreen replaced at the Vecto Motors for the rain-sensing wiper issue. They have done a good work, however I will have to wait for some rains to verify if the issue is completely fixed.

Capture.PNG

After taking the delivery,

20161023_160604-Optimized.jpg
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Is it a free change under warranty or anything you needed to pay? Did you get your Fastag removed and re fixed in new windshield?
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, it was replaced under warranty.
    Fastag got damaged while removing. So, I replaced it with a new one.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    A mini trip, Bangalore – Madurai - Rameswaram – Dhanushkodi - Tanjore – Chennai – Bangalore.

Distance: 1827 Kms
    Duration: 32H:32M
    Avg Speed: 56 Kmph
    FE: 18.9

This is just before the pamban bridge,

20161029_105139-Optimized.jpg

This on the last stretch of the Dhanushkodi road. Due to some reason, police are still not allowing tourist vehicles probably because of the local van operators who will lose business.

20161029_144323-Optimized.jpg

20161029_144625-Optimized.jpg

Hit the 96K and 97K mark during this trip,

20161029_150525-Optimized.jpg

20161101_123629-Optimized.jpg

Rain-sensing Wiper Update:

During this trip, it rained a couple of times and both the times it worked flawlessly View attachment Clapping.gif . So, now it is clear that the issue was due to the minute gap between the windscreen and the rain sensing wiper holder which sits on the windscreen. And the windscreen replacement helped to resolve the issue as the holder comes along with the Windscreen.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Awesome pictures at Dhanushkodi. Seems they have recently laid the road. Regardless, I don't think you can drive in your Linea all the way after certain point. You will need a 4x4 to do that.
    Raaz likes this.