1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks mate!
    Didn't do any trips that asks for a TL. Its more of just drives these days.
    Last weekend we did a Bangalore - Coimbatore - Cochin - Trivandrum - Nagercoil - Bangalore drive, will post the details later. This was again not a site-seeing visit.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore - Cochin - Trivandrum - Nagercoil - Bangalore:

We have relatives living in Cochin but never visited the place till now. So, we decided to use this long weekend for a quick trip to Cochin. No sight-seeing plans, just some good family time with siblings.

I don't have much experience driving in KL roads apart from the Nagercoil - Trivandrum stretch and the Bangalore- Wayanad stretch. So, took inputs from my KL friends to get some idea about the roads/traffic on this route.

Day 1:

Since it was a long-weekend, decided to hit the roads latest by 4:00 AM to avoid the traffic. And surprisingly, we were at the NICE toll entry from Bannerghatta road, exactly at 4:00 AM. This early start helped us to avoid the traffic on the road and tolls as well. Nevertheless the truck traffic was more than what I expected after Krishnagiri. And this gave me a hint that thoppur toll will be a mess and my assumption was spot on.

There was a huge traffic here and it was almost impossible to find the correct lane. All of a sudden few cars surged ahead and I thought may be they opened another lane, but that was not the case. Somehow, we crossed this messy toll in 15 minutes.

3.jpg

Then the plan was to stop in any one of the A2B on the Salem - Coimbatore stretch, but the kids were still asleep. So we skipped both. We entered the Coimbatore bypass at 8:25 AM and started looking for a hotel, luckily we found a Sree Saravana Bhavan close to a Signal on this bypass. We need to take "U" towards left on this signal and this hotel was there in 50 meters on the left side.

After a 30 minutes break, we started towards Cochin, the 4L stretch was uneventful and I maintained 80. Then it was the 2L stretch with private buses around us. I have never seen such crazy drivers till date. It was a bumper to bumper traffic with some road work going on, these guys were overtaking by pushing other vehicles off the road in spite of the oncoming traffic. At one point, one bus even went off the road on the right lane. The BMTC drivers look very lame compared to the maniacal bus drivers in KL. I wondered how people inside the bus are sitting without any fear. It was real crazy stuff.

We reached our destination near Infopark, Kochi by 1:15 PM.

For dinner we decided to go out, and tried to find a place nearby which served awesome Kerala Parotta and Chicken curry. A sumptuous dinner of Kerala Parotta, Nadan Kozhi curry and Natholi fry from Divan's Durbar.

4.jpg

Day 2:

It was mostly drives within the city during the day and got stuck in a huge traffic jam as well. We visited the famous lulu mall and drove down to Marine drive in the evening.

On the drive to Marine drive, we followed the GPS and it took us to some real narrow roads(it looked like a Market place) and found it hard to come out of it.

Total city drive was close to 80 Kms.

Day 3:

The most challenging stretch, Cochin - Trivandrum - Nagercoil.

Again started early to avoid the traffic in this stretch. Started from Cochin(Near Infopark) at 4:30 AM and we were able to cover 140 Kms in the first two hours. Crossing all the towns was a breeze. Reached Trivandrum airport by 8:00 AM. Roads were good almost throughout except couple of stretches of 10Km each, but still we were able to maintain 50-60.

Took poovar route to nagercoil and reached Nagercoil by 10:10 AM. So, it took 5 hours and 40 mins inclusive of a 30mins break for breakfast. Starting early helped us in beating the traffic.

Something that slowed us down was the huge number of ambulances which were plying due to the unfortunate fire tragedy near kollam. At least 30-40 ambulances passed by us in both directions. Initially we thought, it could be a train mishap as there were no traffic blockage on the road but later came to know about this fire cracker accident.

Day 4:

This is our usual route. Started at 4:00 AM from Nagercoil and reached Bangalore a little before 12:00 PM. Stopped at Madurai A2B for breakfast. The speed maintained was 100-120 as the traffic was very less. On time for my office. It was 8 hours of drive and 8 hours of work on day 4.

Overall Trip Details:

Total Kms: 1583.3 Kms
    Drive Time: 27hours 43mins
    Avg Speed: 57
    FE: 17.9

2.jpg

Under the shade after the drive. Will give a wash during this weekend.

1.jpg

Overall, it was a nice drive throughout. And the fun driving on 2 lane roads are always special biggrin.gif .
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 12, 2016 ---
    The above FE includes 80 Kms city drive within Cochin.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The diesel has been spilled on the paint. Clean it up quickly. Longer exposure is not good, it can make the surface dull.
    PradeepM and arun_josie like this.
  4. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks you Sir! I have cleaned it up.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Wow,
    Your eyesight seems to be exceptional .
    arun_josie likes this.
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Attention to detail! :)
  7. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    80,000 Kms on the ODO:

Now in to the 80s. Hit the 80K Kms mark exactly after 2 years and 3 months.

20160501_081711-Optimized.jpg

20160501_065851-Optimized.jpg

Sunshade spring repaired under warranty:

The sunshade spring was not working during the last one month, so got it repaired under warranty in vecto motors.

Its a tedious work and took 3 hours.

20160419_115959-Optimized.jpg

20160419_120343-Optimized.jpg

Frustrating part was, they put all the seat belt locks in the rear seat under it. I realized it only when we tried strapping the child seat.
    punto_emotion and PradeepM like this.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    You are a demon :vamp:. My car has hit 20K in 1 year 2 months and you have have driven 4 times more in twice the time :happy:.
    your updates give me more and more confidence on what Linea is all about.

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    arun_josie and ghodlur like this.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Even my confidence level keeps going up after each and every drive:). Wonderful car this is!!!
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @arun_josie : 80k in 2 year ? that's some serious mile munching! keep revving :)
    one question: can you point to good mechanic at salem FASS? i am also planning my future services at salem, so just wanted some contacts.
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    arun_josie likes this.