1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    True. For tyres and alloys, its only during the water wash.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 14, 2015 ---
    66K and 66666 Kms completed

66K.jpg

66666-Optimized.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2015 ---
    66K and 66666 Kms completed

66K.jpg

66666-Optimized.jpg
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes mate,

Jopasu is for the body. For tires I use a regular carpet brush on the side walls once a week to make them look better.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    arun_josie likes this.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Wishing you and your Linea many more happy miles together in 2016 :).

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    arun_josie likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @arun_josie

You seem to be living in the Linea I guess. What a time to bring up that magical figure on the odo.

Keep the mile crunching on and drive safely. May you cover many unknown territories.
    arun_josie likes this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @arun_josie Have gone through your travelogue to Kausani and Kanyakumari and congrats with 7618 gems embellished in your life and linea's ODO. Your Ownership review has also inspired me to buy a Punto 90 HP. Wishing you a successful and cheerful 2016 with your linea.

Bangalore to Kausani, Bangalore to Leh-Manali, Bangalore to Bhutan, Bangalore to Paris ! All in Lineas !!! Now I understand why Fiat tyres wear out fast ;)
    prabhjot, arun_josie and pabhishek like this.
  7. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot for your wishes KPR! Punto won't disappoint you and wish you a wonderful ownership with punto.

Thanks Pradeep!

Thanks Ghodlur!

Yes, you are kind of correct. :)
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Christmas Vacation Drive:

Bangalore - Nagercoil(Kanyakumari) - Kodaikanal - Nagercoil - Bangalore:-

We always spent our Christmas vacation at my home in Nagercoil and this tradition continued this time as well.

The only add-on was a one-night/two-day trip to Kodaikanal.

Kodaikanal:

This was a last minute decision, so couldn't get any resort/hotel outside the Kodaikanal town area with some good views. Also, it was just for a night so I didn't put much effort to find the right one.

We started early morning around 6:00 AM from Nagercoil and took the normal Madurai-Batlagundu route. After Madurai, it was some nice two-lane stretch and then 48Km of superb ghat section. At some places, the road was narrow, at some places it was very wide and occasionally bad as well. Overall, it is around 335 Kms till the hotel.

It took 6+ hours including the break for breakfast.

Some open road early in the morning,

1-Optimized.jpg

2-Optimized.jpg

Exit from the Madurai - Dindugal highway,

3-Optimized.jpg

4-Optimized.jpg

Nice green all sides, was cooling to our eyes,

4a-Optimized.jpg

5-Optimized.jpg

5A.jpg

5B.jpg

Now some nice 2 lane with trees on both sides,

6-Optimized.jpg

The ghat starts here,

7-Optimized.jpg

8-Optimized.jpg

Villa Retreat - Kodaikanal

9-Optimized.jpg

We stayed at Villa Retreat, the only -ve that I see is, this hotel is located inside town(just 500M from bus stand and next to Coakers walk) and hence this area is crowded.

Hotel facilities were good. Not much open space though.

Even in afternoon, it was very cold and misty. So, we decided to settle in the room after a visit to coakers walk and a quick drive around the town.

This was at 1:30 PM

10-Optimized.jpg

11-Optimized.jpg

12-Optimized.jpg

Next day, we drove around the lake, Pillar rocks, Pine forest, Suicide point, Guna caves, some shopping and started the return journey.

Something that surprised me was, at least 80% private cars that we spotted were KA registration.

13-Optimized.jpg

14-Optimized.jpg

15-Optimized.jpg

During the return we had some delicious biriyani @ Dindugal Thalappakatti Restaurant near bathalagundu,

20151228_140741-Optimized.jpg

Overall it was a nice trip and we enjoyed it.

Some Numbers:

Total Kms: 711.5
    FE: 17.7
    Avg Speed: 51
    Total duration: 13:45
    ghodlur and PradeepM like this.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Chothavilai Beach (Near Kanyakumari):

This beach is around 10Kms from my home in Nagercoil and just 3Kms away from my cousin's place. But I am visiting this beach for the first time. This is also just 10 Kms from Kanyakumari.

The local information is that the shoreline is a bit more dangerous and the water current stronger than the other beaches. There are no lifeguards present here. So, we have to be extra cautious when playing in the waves.

This is more like a private beach as Kanyakumari is the hot spot for tourists. So, almost no crowd here and you can peacefully enjoy the time here. We were a gang of 15 people and it was only us in the beach.

Here are some pics,

1-Optimized.jpg

2-Optimized.jpg

3-Optimized.jpg

4-Optimized.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

5-Optimized.jpg

6-Optimized.jpg
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Just when I was wondering whether Arun is going to take a break from driving, there comes a short but sweet travelogue. Definitely not by your standards @arun_josie but I would say the pictures said more than that. The roads looked super good and I am sure would have been a driver's delight. The last pic at the beach was scary though as if the road was gobbled up at either sides and left a very narrow stretch to drive.

Great going. This was last year. The full year is ahead I guess and I am sure you must have made all the perfect plans to utilize the 6 long weekends.